Discounted Bike and parts Thread - cheap(er) ebikes & stuff

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Must admit I'd also think long & hard before buying a Shimano bike since this e299 nonsense popped up.

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
My first post! Canyon have a decent sale on eBikes at the moment. Shimano motors though 😬

Canyon
That's highly tempting. Any one have an opinion on whether it's worth it to go for the cf9 for 1100 more?
To me it honestly seems like the cf8 would be the better pick and then just get a better fork off pinkbike

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
8965F09E-4DC1-4B0C-B7F6-D4378A9BE9E0.png

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
So, with the state of the world and economy, there's no doubt going to be a ton of discounting happening on many things.

Inventory is at a crazy high level across almost everything and bike brands need to maximise cash... So it will be a buyers market. Use this thread to post things you've seen.

Pivot Shuttle XTR (2022) 44% OFF (old gen)

Levo Comp (2022) 30% off
That bike factory site is bizarre..just missed out on an nduro 7 as the site sometimes only shows like e racers and city bikes..find a link from say Google shopping and all of a sudden loads of bikes there

2WHLFUN

Apr 27, 2022
Trinidad, CO
Rossignol bikes are all 20% off. $1,000 u.s. off the Mandate Shift Deore-12 that I have. Wow, I thought it was a great value before!

4C847FA8-EBE9-4A33-A572-66697ED529AB.png

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
It’s crazy I’ve had to sell my meta power sx to that moose exchange and sell site..the other two I tried said they have to many e-bikes to sell🙈

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Fox 36 160mm factory fork for £625? only in 27.5 flavour, but thats a great price if it fits your bike

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Fox 36 160mm factory fork for £625? only in 27.5 flavour, but thats a great price if it fits your bike

It has a FIT damper, not Grip2 damper. Maybe that's why it's cheaper.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
It's pretty clear that the big manufacturers have run into a perfect storm of overstock vs sales grinding to a halt. This is a very good time to buy a freshy but traditionally, bargain hunters hang on until October for the current year clear out. It makes you wonder what things will look like in six months. Could be like Santa coming to town if people hold their nerve.

UnreasonableMuppet

Jan 11, 2022
THE YOO ESS OF AYE
Over here in the USA:
Spesh has some bikes on sale
Trek has some rails on sale, and the e-caliber.

Spesh has the better deals and Trek is being stingy with the discount.

Fezzarri has the wire peak on sale, at a pretty decent discount.
Commencal has some discounts.

Giant has 21-22 bikes on sale for a couple hundred off.

Looks like spesh has the best deals with a decent carbon levo available for $5k

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
It's pretty clear that the big manufacturers have run into a perfect storm of overstock vs sales grinding to a halt. This is a very good time to buy a freshy but traditionally, bargain hunters hang on until October for the current year clear out. It makes you wonder what things will look like in six months. Could be like Santa coming to town if people hold their nerve.
And of course, the lower prices go the longer many people will delay purchases in the expectation that prices will drop further. A classic deflationary response.

Oxon

Jun 30, 2021
The Shire
And of course, the lower prices go the longer many people will delay purchases in the expectation that prices will drop further. A classic deflationary response.
I’m there right now.
Currently looking for a bike but can’t decide whether to hold me nerve and wait for bigger discounts.

At the moment I’ve got the option of using my wife’s Powerfly HT while I wait.

I guess the big question is, how much can/will manufacturers discount their products and how long can they afford to hold out?

One thing’s for sure, the manufacturer discounts have killed the idea of buying used for me. Used prices are simply too high now by comparison.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles