Disc brake rotor magnet issue

Big stu

Feb 9, 2021
Uk
Hello i am in need of help, i have an orbea wild fs with the bosch gen4 motor, currently the magnet is placed on the rotor with the centre lock system. I would like to change to a 6 bolt rotor but I'm having trouble finding a suitable rotor and magnet combination, the combinations I've tried do not work as there too much distance between magnet and sensor. Or they just dont line up properly, its a head scratcher!

Get Outlook for Android

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hello i am in need of help, i have an orbea wild fs with the bosch gen4 motor, currently the magnet is placed on the rotor with the centre lock system. I would like to change to a 6 bolt rotor but I'm having trouble finding a suitable rotor and magnet combination, the combinations I've tried do not work as there too much distance between magnet and sensor. Or they just dont line up properly, its a head scratcher!

Get Outlook for Android
Almost sounds like an issue for the LBS to solve. Strange. Changed my rotor recently but I went from 6 bolt to 6 bolt and the magnet was no problem.

Big stu

Feb 9, 2021
Uk
Yeah there is big difference in distance if you see attached pic, this is the centre lock system where the magnet sits more "proud" than the others ive found for 6 bolt, dont know if its the strength of the magnet or the position or what??
X0950000.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles