Delivery cost for anything is crazy

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
As of January the first, the UK is sharply tightening customs controls at the border. This is part of the Trade & Cooperation agreement negotiated in 2019 but has been repeatedly delayed by HMG to avoid disastrous trade blockages while the UK attempts to return our trade processes to the 1970's. 🤪

The broad picture is goods imported from the EU require pre declaration or hauliers face being turned away at the border or effectively loads being quarantined at inland border facilities. The threats as I see them are congestion at the border & under preparation by EU exporters and/or an unwillingness to pursue an increasingly difficult market.

Although I'm not directly involved in cross border haulage & would in any event run a mile now if I were, I would expect the big parcel movers, your DHL's, UPS, FedEx etc. are well sorted, since fair chunks of their businesses depends on it. On the other hand, there's every chance they'll be caught up in the morass of delays & red tape and we did see temporary withdrawals & restrictions imposed by carriers in 2020. For us lot buying stuff ex. Europe, I would personally hang back, see how things develop before sinking £££'s into that vital upgrade from some big bike shed operation in Germany your weekend riding depends upon.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Found a benefit cooked up by the Minister for Brexit benefits. Place your bets!

FUE4_VAXwAEVTg7.png

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
My thoughts too & in a wider context, what a pile of nothingburgers.

emtbPhil

Jun 20, 2021
UK
Do more fracking. Under train medical professionals. Make bikes more powerful.

All seems logical to me 😂

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
My money is on #7 followed by a steady erosion of workers rights for permanent employees.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Found a benefit cooked up by the Minister for Brexit benefits. Place your bets!

View attachment 89234
That entire list is a load of crap.
Well, saying that I have a 2200 watt vacuum cleaner and think it is just about powerful enough. The rest is garbage except for 5.
Honestly, if I was limited to 25kph assistance I would not bother with an ebike - or I would build a cheater. I think 32kph is also a little on the light side. Checking trails I used to run my singlespeed I was often at 35 -38 kph in sections I am now cruising at 32.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles