Deity Tmacs or DMR Vaults?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Have migrated from clipless to platforms and no looking back. Much like saddle and grips, modern technology has made these choices a matter of personal preference. Advancement in shoe technology as well has made this a seamless transition for me. Intent of this thread is not to debate the merits of flats vs. clipless (they both have pros and cons) and I have ridden a plethora or pedals and shoes throughout the years. Raceface Atlas were my go-to when riding acoustic mtbs. Looking for something a little beefier and would look input from riders whi have used Deity Tmac's and/or DMR Vaults.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So much down to personal preference - the only thing I would say is that IMO the cheaper composite/plastic version of these pedals are as good as there more expensive alloy cousins.

My favourite alloy pedals are HT Leaps

But the HT-PA03 is just as good, and might actually be better at under half the price and I have them on a few bikes, pretty much perfect flat pedal IMO.

If I was looking at Vaults and TMAC's I would be tempted to look at the V11 and the Deftraps, which are the composite version of the pedals you mentioned. At least then if you dont like them you haven't blown serious wedge.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
This post will unfortunately be of no help what so ever ?????

I like my Vaults, although if buying again I’d probably get the Midi size. V11 would tempt me if I was looking for a large platform. Some people complain they are too grippy and you can’t reposition your foot easily, but after years on spds I quite like the locked in feeling.

My mate didn’t like his Vaults at all (couldn’t even pinpoint why) but swears by the TMAC’s.

Had a set of composite Nukeproofs which survived 6 years so beach use on the fat bike without being touched. Not as outright grippy as the Vault, but we’re 1/3rd the price. Sam Hill version been getting great reviews recently.

I know it’s difficult in these COVID times, but do you have any mates with different models you can try? Pedal choice nearly as polarising as tyres choice.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks

MV5BN2U2ZGY3OWEtMjg4Ni00MDI2LTgyMGEtOWM1NzUwOWZlMzc3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY4MjQ0NzU@._V1_.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles