Decoy frame protection

Ricardo75

Sep 18, 2021
Woking
Just taken delivery of a new decoy with the gloss black finish and was after some input from fellow owners regarding how hard wearing the paint is (how easy it scratches) and whether frame protection is recommended (either a generic kit or fitted invisiframe one)?

db840

Sep 28, 2019
Canada
I'm using an Invisiframe gloss kit and my Decoy still looks like new. The unprotected parts of the frame are holding up well against scratches and chips as the paint is fairly thick from what I can tell. If you are even remotely concerned about resale value, get a protection kit.

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
I applied the Invisiframe when I got my Decoy 3 years and 8 months ago and it
still looks great. Take your time putting it on and it will last the lifetime of the bike.
It's great insurance in my opinion.

db840

Sep 28, 2019
Canada
You do not have to remove the protector to apply the film. The film goes around the chainstay protector.

Ricardo75

Sep 18, 2021
Woking
Thanks for that, good to know.

Final question, my decoy is black with a gloss front end and matt rear (see pic), is yours the same and if so, did you get the corresponding gloss front matt rear invisiframe kit and how well does it match the bike?

IMG_6137.jpg

db840

Sep 28, 2019
Canada
Unfortunately I have 'All Gloss' protection so I cannot comment on the matte or gloss/matte combo kits.

ebkilla

Oct 15, 2021
California
I never got a protection kit kicking myself for not doing it. Frame paint is durable but like anything mountain bike it will scratch. Next round.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles