Decoy Delivery times

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK
Hey Guys, anyone ordered a Decoy in the last month or so?
I order mine back on the 6th June which was in stock, it was finally dispatched last Monday 15th (2 packages, I believe one is the bike and other is the tool kit) but since Wednesday 17th neither of the tracking statuses have changed.

YT said they can't advise/help until 12 working days have pasted.
I know covid is causing all sorts of problems for logistics companies but just wondering if this a common trend?

In contrast my mate ordered a Canyon last Monday it's going to be delivered from Germany this week and the shipping cost was cheaper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Flying4Pandas

Jun 9, 2020
San Jose
Ordered my YT Decoy Base 29 on the 8th of June. The "In-Stock" date was scheduled for 24th of June. I have not received a single email from YT with any sort of update/news in regards to my order. They happily took my money on the 9th, but have not provided any shipping notification or order processing. I'm sure they are slammed with Covid issues, but an automated email response with an order update wouldn't be too much to ask for...

I guess we'll see...

I do live within a good stones throw of the Headquarters here in California.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
^^i'd email them. I've found them quite responsive in North America, mostly hear from Shaun in California.
They're definitely slammed. The whole bike industry is. YT's bikes seem to be selling very quick. I've been checking the site to possibly get a capra to go with my decoy and its stock/sold out/restock over and over.
There's definitely a lag in shipping times. Im waiting 4 and 5 weeks for most things. Thats all on the mail not the companies.
I liked where i used to be when i was ahead of the game, buy all my bike stuff in the winter on sale and buy all my ski gear in the summer on sale and be ready in advance and the best price. Have to get back to that

goodaa

Feb 11, 2021
UK
I ordered a Decoy Elite when it was in stock on Feb 4th, but my order status is still "Your order has not been processed yet." I'm in the UK and they did say the Brexit has caused delays as they are shipping smaller batches at the moment but they will be ramping up the shipping - that was about a week ago....... Bit frustrating

craigy2782

Nov 22, 2018
fareham hampshire
I ordered a Decoy Elite when it was in stock on Feb 4th, but my order status is still "Your order has not been processed yet." I'm in the UK and they did say the Brexit has caused delays as they are shipping smaller batches at the moment but they will be ramping up the shipping - that was about a week ago....... Bit frustrating
Hi have you received your Bike yet? I've been trying to get update on my order which was placed 10th march (in stock decoy 29) I get same reply about Brexit, I find it a bit frustrating they don't update there customers with despatch times.

goodaa

Feb 11, 2021
UK
Hi have you received your Bike yet? I've been trying to get update on my order which was placed 10th march (in stock decoy 29) I get same reply about Brexit, I find it a bit frustrating they don't update there customers with despatch times.
I gave up waiting and cancelled my order after waiting 4wks for the bike that is “in stock “. I got refunded after 2wks.
I was getting the same statement about Brexit.
While waiting on our 2020 bikes they stated that the 2021 bikes will be announced soon - I know 2020 has been a mess but I thought it’s time to cancel.
As I’m not desperate yet for an ebike (because the rest of my core bike crew are still analogue), it’s not a big problem for me to swerve the 2020 bike and see what 2021 lands. I do want an ebike before next winter, YT must be able to deliver to that timescale ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles