Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
What’s this for and can I make its fitting look less... erm .. shit ? Should it have that metal showing

0300DB9B-215D-4D17-A243-527109248B12.jpeg

Last edited:

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
InterestIng, seems they use whatever they have laying about the workshop ? I’m assuming the metal cage bit that is exposed on my is purely to hold the unit onto the seatstay. Just wondering if I should try to get it fitting on there a bit snugger so water doesn’t get in and erode.
The metal part looks like a crush washer, its designed to compress when you tighten up against it holding the fastener under tension and less likely to come loose I believe.

L1482

Aug 9, 2020
Sunderland
Well that's the thing about torque values - unless you know what they are, you don't know what they are! The main thing is nearly all bikes are propietary frames with 3rd party gear bolted onto them, so you'll have scores of e bikes with the Bosch CX motor & cranks, therefore, it should be reasonably easy to research the torque value you need.

In the absence of it, common sense suggests nipping up bolts up to but not beyond the point where nothing will faill off on the trail is reasonable. (y)

Seth knows the score, with his ‘40nm’ cassette, breaker bar technique. ?

GunplaMad

Aug 1, 2020
Glasgow

View attachment 39660

Good I love technology so much. You can even text a code to the phone and it automatically makes a call to you and you can listen to what's happening and record it if you think to.

It will bring you to a Chinese website showing the location if you text the code for the GPS location.

Really good standby of 12 days I think it was.

This is all you need when it comes to catch anyone who has taken the bike.

The only problem is do you call the Police or go Commando on the mother fuckers.

charlieback

Jul 10, 2020
UK
Good I love technology so much. You can even text a code to the phone and it automatically makes a call to you and you can listen to what's happening and record it if you think to.

It will bring you to a Chinese website showing the location if you text the code for the GPS location.

Really good standby of 12 days I think it was.

This is all you need when it comes to catch anyone who has taken the bike.

The only problem is do you call the Police or go Commando on the mother fuckers.
Where do you stick it?

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Hi Stilus owners, so I serviced my bearings by that I mean removed bolts to clean the crap out!
Warning for some the bolts on my bike were over tight and I stripped the Alan head which resulted in using an easy out which was scary but I have a bolt in there now.
A question I have is the when I hold my back wheel and pull up in the seat or frame I can feel play but I’m 99% sure the shock is extending to it’s extreme as every thing else is tight including the shock mounts.
Do any others have this movement? I’m wondering if it’s the shock as it’s budget, I’ve checked everything else and the only play I can see is the shock can movement upwards a fraction.

Regards
Del

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Hi Stilus owners, so I serviced my bearings by that I mean removed bolts to clean the crap out!
Warning for some the bolts on my bike were over tight and I stripped the Alan head which resulted in using an easy out which was scary but I have a bolt in there now.
A question I have is the when I hold my back wheel and pull up in the seat or frame I can feel play but I’m 99% sure the shock is extending to it’s extreme as every thing else is tight including the shock mounts.
Do any others have this movement? I’m wondering if it’s the shock as it’s budget, I’ve checked everything else and the only play I can see is the shock can movement upwards a fraction.

Regards
Del
I get a little movement when I pull from seat but it's just play in the dropper.

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
Regarding the talk of cycle to work, I thought it was limited to £1k bikes? How is it working for people on a £2.7k bike?
Not any more, I just went through the cyclescheme website, took about 2 hours from applying to getting the certificate. I think they lifted the limit fairly recently.

Rarekind

Aug 31, 2020
Hampshire
I know it’s a long shot but if anyone ends up with a large and needs a medium I’ll be happy to swap!! Mine is currently due on 11th.

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
Decathlon strike again. They update their website and now there is no order information. Mine was still at processing with 11th delivery last night. I was expecting it to go to preparing today. Let's hope it is just their website that is playing up :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles