Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Bobajobbob

Aug 5, 2020
Kent UK
Good luck and happy page refreshing to everyone still waiting for this bike. I finally caved and pulled the trigger on another bike so sods law tells me that the market will be flooded with Stiluses next week with Daly Thompson personally delivering each and every bike to customers with a 50% discount.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Yea i tried to measure it while on the bike it looks like its 170mm atleast
Everything I see on the Duroc says 148mm but I agree, the overall axle width appears to be more like 170mm. You would also need to take thread pitch into account so with all that in mind, if it were me, I'd be asking Decathlon.

Buzz720

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
Everything I see on the Duroc says 148mm but I agree, the overall axle width appears to be more like 170mm. You would also need to take thread pitch into account so with all that in mind, if it were me, I'd be asking Decathlon.
Thanks for the reply, il take it out to measure it to be sure. Will wait to it for some bad weather, incase i cant get it back in

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Incidentally, what glider is strapped to your arse there? (Ex pg pilot here)

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Ha that was my first wing 10 years ago in New Zealand, Gin nano 12m, my brother and taught ourselves! Now for the last 5 years im a tandem pilot working in Switzerland!
Living the dream. I had some fine old times on a Gin Boomerang back in the day. Right then, back to the bikes.

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
Good luck and happy page refreshing to everyone still waiting for this bike. I finally caved and pulled the trigger on another bike so sods law tells me that the market will be flooded with Stiluses next week with Daly Thompson personally delivering each and every bike to customers with a 50% discount.

What did you go for in the end?

Bobajobbob

Aug 5, 2020
Kent UK
What did you go for in the end?

I went for a VITUS E-ESCARPE VRS. I had to up the budget but it looks like a good package and more importantly is available for relatively quick delivery. I could see the summer slipping away and didn't want to hold out for the Stilus and miss the whole of summer.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Ugly but very effective.

Thats enough about me, how about a sub £3 fix for that iffy battery cover slide. Years in development and thousands spent in R&D. It has patent pending but I am will to sell on licence to any interested venture capitalists. For no extra cost it will cover the battery keyhole as well.

Yes its a sports brace off eBay!!! You're welcome!

IMG_3263.jpeg IMG_3264.jpeg

Rap Dance 9000

Jul 15, 2020
Yorkshire
Ugly but very effective.

Thats enough about me, how about a sub £3 fix for that iffy battery cover slide. Years in development and thousands spent in R&D. It has patent pending but I am will to sell on licence to any interested venture capitalists. For no extra cost it will cover the battery keyhole as well.

Yes its a sports brace off eBay!!! You're welcome!

View attachment 37542 View attachment 37543
Can you get blue sparkly ones?

scjgreen

Aug 5, 2020
Exeter
I was just looking at this, not sure if i can pretend it costs the same as the stylus tho :/

Theres this one too... its trying to justify the extra cost

Mcfanner

Aug 2, 2020
Scottish Borders

__Alex__

Aug 3, 2020
GERMANY
Hi Guys, thanks for all your detailed Information.

Just want to let you now my current expierence.
Since I´m living in Germay I ordered a XL Stilus 2 two weeks ago (serveral XL and L bikes were available) @ decathlon.de

So what happened? Last week the day before planned pickup --> Email --> order delayed. Till today I have gotten no update. I startet a conversation this morning using the costumer suppport. First only meaningless standard answers but i kept digging.
What did i figure out? There is actually no stock at any local european decathlon subsidaries. They are waiting for the new lot from the "continantal hub". So I´m guessing a lot of the expected 230 bikes have already been sold..

What is your expierence? Who has a confirmed order right now, but is also waiting? Anybody got a confirmed date?

Jul 16, 2020
East Devon
I want to replace the stem to increase the reach and possibly lift the handlebars slightly.

But i keep getting confused on the size of stem and handlebar that i need it to fit as they all seem to list it in different ways

the steerer tube appears to be 1 1/8" and the handlebar appears to be about 35mm outside diameter but places seem to say 31.6mm handlebar clamp fits ?

any enlightenment for me ?
1f642.png

Buzz720

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
I want to replace the stem to increase the reach and possibly lift the handlebars slightly.

But i keep getting confused on the size of stem and handlebar that i need it to fit as they all seem to list it in different ways

the steerer tube appears to be 1 1/8" and the handlebar appears to be about 35mm outside diameter but places seem to say 31.6mm handlebar clamp fits ?

1f642.png
Hey, i manage to increase the reach enough for me by taking out a stem spacer and rolling the handle bars forward. Maybe try this before going out and buying a longer stem

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury

1f642.png
Mine was 35mm handle bar clamp and yes steerer 1 1/8 ?

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
how have you managed to get hold of them by phone?
ill be doing exactly as you did with recording taking delivery,
As this was early/mid lock down, I hadn't found this forum and just phoned stores to build up a picture of why I struggled to order one. It got a but convoluted but they pointed me to why online was the o ly way (they were in the datk also).
I nearly bought a demo model from Ireland but lo kdown stuffed that.
That is what I meant by phoning-sorry there's not a hotline, otherwise it would be very hot ?.
Mine arrived damaged a bit (small scratch) but 200 quid back of Decathlon no problems. Just check it over and phoro everything with date stamp-I even snapped the delivery guys as they walked down my driveway for continuity.

Mcfanner

Aug 2, 2020
Scottish Borders
Bugger took to long to long to think about it. Went on just before and they’re both sold out ?
Anyone any suggestions for something similar around the £3500 or under
Theres this one too... its trying to justify the extra cost

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles