Dead Powerpack

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Thought I'd share this...
The Bosch Powerpack has been known to fail within the first few uses (fortunately, it's a rare occasion. Every dealer doing reasonable volumes of Bosch EMTB sales has experienced it). The fail is fatal - no LEDs, can't be charged, can't be read. Usually, these cases are easily solved with a warranty replacement.
Culprit is the BMS - or, if you like, the electronics. Too bad, as the most expensive part of the battery, the cells, are usually OK.
Bosch does not attempt to repair.

Because of the increased number of such occurences, a few people/companies are emerging who can either repair the PCB, or replace it. Not for the faint-harted, a powerpack holds some serious power.
There's a few possible causes - sometimes, a power surge grilling a 0,5 Euro diode (which can be replaced by someone who knows how to solder - see Ist das BMS von Bosch zu retten? | Tips zum Testen - YouTube ), but sometimes it's worse (ICs - meaning a replacement of the PCB is the only solution).

RockySpieler

Sep 23, 2018
Bottom of the hill
Thought I'd share this...
The Bosch Powerpack has been known to fail within the first few uses (fortunately, it's a rare occasion. Every dealer doing reasonable volumes of Bosch EMTB sales has experienced it). The fail is fatal - no LEDs, can't be charged, can't be read. Usually, these cases are easily solved with a warranty replacement.
Culprit is the BMS - or, if you like, the electronics. Too bad, as the most expensive part of the battery, the cells, are usually OK.
Bosch does not attempt to repair.

Because of the increased number of such occurences, a few people/companies are emerging who can either repair the PCB, or replace it. Not for the faint-harted, a powerpack holds some serious power.
There's a few possible causes - sometimes, a power surge grilling a 0,5 Euro diode (which can be replaced by someone who knows how to solder - see Ist das BMS von Bosch zu retten? | Tips zum Testen - YouTube ), but sometimes it's worse (ICs - meaning a replacement of the PCB is the only solution).
Hi Jerry
Have you used a battery repair company?
I have a couple of dead batteries.
Thanks
Jason

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles