Dartmoor bridleways?

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Anyone know if bridleways across Dartmoor are waymarked well enough to be able to ride solo without local knowledge?
what is the terrain like at this time of year?

Sean1.0

Aug 2, 2020
Kernowshire
I've been up a few times recently and still have a lot to explore but but I'd say you need to know your way around a bit to find a lot of the better sections and and descents as they are not really waymarked and it's easy to go astray.... lots link up one way or another though so can mix it up and can't really go wrong. Depends which routes you are looking at of course... eg: Burrator Reservoir - Princetown loop is easy to follow if a bit meh and rough as arse on the way down.

I used Komoot to plan / track routes, worked well for me on the phone and there are some good rides mapped out on there (search Dartmoor / Nutcrackers / Lustleigh Cleave etc) ...

Terrain varies a lot of course... but be aware some of the more interesting sections can get pretty sketchy and technical with rocks & boulders... there is little or nothing manicured up there. Awesome days out wild riding though... and stunning & varied scenery ofc.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Found these for ya Bill ..?
Thanks Hodge?? , what would we do without you? Never used Kamoot before so will give it a go. Looks like a good selection to choose from. Mainly want to avoid anything that involves carrying the bike or getting lost and having to live in a cave for months , living on roadkill!
Thanks again.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Thanks Hodge?? , what would we do without you? Never used Kamoot before so will give it a go. Looks like a good selection to choose from. Mainly want to avoid anything that involves carrying the bike or getting lost and having to live in a cave for months , living on roadkill!
Thanks again.
Oh , and wasn’t it a shame about France???

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Looks like I missed a good match ..my son came in raving about it but I was blissfully unaware as to keep the missus happy we were binge watching Vikings on Prime ..?
But yeah ..a real shame !?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles