damaged in shipping!!

vancouver rider

Apr 25, 2022
canada
so i have bought 2 e10 frame. both are same size 19. but when i recived it, it's different. how bad this damaged? i am so sad!!! thanks!
好后1.jpg
坏后1.jpg

HIDrive

Sep 7, 2022
PNW Washington
Fingers crossed its fine! On the bright side you have a backup if not. I dont have an answer for you but my E22 will finally be delivered on Sunday and I'm gonna freak if it's not close to perfect. Did you go for air or boat delivery?

vancouver rider

Apr 25, 2022
canada
Fingers crossed its fine! On the bright side you have a backup if not. I dont have an answer for you but my E22 will finally be delivered on Sunday and I'm gonna freak if it's not close to perfect. Did you go for air or boat delivery?
it's super annoying.... i dont know if it will be safety problem or not

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
It looks like the cut for the slot wasn't completed properly as compared to the other one and wasn't damaged in shipping it was just a mistake at the factory. Just get a dremel tool and match it up, or in reality it really is nothing more than a cosmetic issue with no fear of failure I feel.

vancouver rider

Apr 25, 2022
canada
question 1: is this a safety concern? would it crack up?
2: what is purpose of this "crack and hole? to show the marking on seatpost? "
It looks like the cut for the slot wasn't completed properly as compared to the other one and wasn't damaged in shipping it was just a mistake at the factory. Just get a dremel tool and match it up, or in reality it really is nothing more than a cosmetic issue with no fear of failure I feel.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It’s a quality control issue. You need to contact the supplier. At the very least they need to be aware there’s a problem.
Personally, I’d be rejecting that frame and requesting a replacement with them covering all shipping. If you don’t get any joy from the supplier and you paid with a credit card, contact them and initiate a charge back. In the UK we have Section 75 which guarantees protection on goods over £100.

vancouver rider

Apr 25, 2022
canada
It’s a quality control issue. You need to contact the supplier. At the very least they need to be aware there’s a problem.
Personally, I’d be rejecting that frame and requesting a replacement with them covering all shipping. If you don’t get any joy from the supplier and you paid with a credit card, contact them and initiate a charge back. In the UK we have Section 75 which guarantees protection on goods over £100.
bought the frame from Chili Shen

Changzhou Victory Technology

she basically says i am all on my own!

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
from china ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Get on to your bank, see if there's anything they can do to reverse the transfer.

Otherwise it's on to as many forms of Social Media as possible and bad-mouth them.

vancouver rider

Apr 25, 2022
canada
i bought 2 dengfu frame from chili shen from changzhou victory.
people on this forum says they are good. but now she says i am all on my own now i dont know what else i can do. please help.

1666472093975.jpeg
1666472104197.jpeg

1666471928716.png

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
I don't think you have an issue with the frame per se left as-is, however if it were mine I would carefully file the 'wiggly' edge until it was roughly straight and file the stress relief hole feature at the end of the slot to make it more round in shape (as roughly shown in the attached picture). Use fine needle files. Remove any 'sharp' edges both internal and external once completed. 👍

1666473188658.png

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Yup it’s just where the CNC cutter making the cut has for whatever reason not completed it’s return cut or the frame has moved within the holding jig as it made its return path.

Do as Sheff73 suggests and carefully finish off the run to mimic the other side and you will be good to go.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
This doesn't look too bad too me, apart from cosmetics of it not being symetrical. Have you seen if the seat collar even covers it up? It needs a hole at the bottom of the slot to prevent stress cracks from propagating. As the above person mentioned. You could carefully file the slot straight, and then file the relief hole symmetrical at the bottom. Then smooth over the edges. I don't think it's a structural issue. Just a cosmetic one.

This reminds me of doing aviation course many years ago. We would fly Cessna aircraft and part of the preflight check was to inspect the aircraft for cracks. The planes we train on were old and had many flights. They all had small cracks developing on the wings. We would take a 3mm drill bit, and carefully drill a hole at the very end of the crack when we discovered a new crack form. The idea was it would stop the crack from propagating further. Sometimes the cracks had numerous holes, and the crack would continue and we then drill another hole further up. It sounds crazy, but that was what you do.

I believe you could fix that up without too much trouble and it would be fine.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I think youre ok as well. If youre worried take it to a carbon fibre repair shop in the city. There's more thzn a few in Vangroovy. Most fix lots of bikes. I bet theyll say ur ok and if theres any problem theyll fix it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles