Cushcore size advice please

Reidy

Apr 17, 2023
Moray
Hello all. Could anyone give me advice as to what cushcore I should buy please? I’m running 29x3 on 30mm inside rims on my hard tail.
Cushcore sell a 29 plus, which is for 2.6 to 3.0 tyres on 32 to 45 inner rims, which I’m not sure would fit(or I could fit)?😤
Or Cushcore 29 pro e-mtb, which is for 2.1 to 2.6 tyres on 22 to 35mm rims, would these be wide enough?
Im not a aggressive rider, but fancy the Cushcore for extra support and comfort as I run on relatively low tyre pressure For comfort.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
On my vitus i i have the normal cushcore pro on a 30mm rim and it fits like a glove.

I have 2.5 tyres on ( assegai maxxgrip DD)

Reidy

Apr 17, 2023
Moray
Thanks. Think I’ll have to settle for the pro, for ease of fitting. Would have liked to try the larger plus size for my 3inch tyre, but doubt it’s going to fit a 30mm rim.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
35mm Offset Raceface rims with Project 321 hubs, 2.6” Assigia Maxxis tire, front and rear. I installed the CushCore Plus in the rear only. 22-24psi. Filmore valves with MucOff sealant.

The install wasn’t easy but I got it. I’m not an aggressive rider but I am an all-weather-all-terrain 5-6 days a week climbing monkey. The CushCore plus seems to widen the tire profile slightly which may improve traction for my conditions and riding style.

Reidy

Apr 17, 2023
Moray
I suppose the question I should have asked is has anyone tried putting Cushcore plus on a 30mm rim? I know 3inch tyre shouldn’t be in 30mm rim, but works ok for me. Starting to get a bit more confident, convinced myself that the insert would enhance ride if doable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles