• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Actionteam vs TM

Shotterke

Nov 21, 2023
Belgium
So I'm looking to buy an emtb after riding old hardtails for a while. I only have room for one bike in my garage for now so I'm looking for a nice all around bike. I don't really do anything crazy when it comes to jumping and go to a bike park like 1-2 times a year and just ride trails in Belgium/Netherlands/Germany for the rest of the time.

Now I have the opportunity to buy a bike through work which makes it much cheaper (40-45% discount) for me but it does limit which brand of bike I can buy and my budget is limited to €7000 before any discounts.

The brands that I can buy from are Cube, Giant, Haibike, Lapierre, Orbea, Scott, Specialized and Trek.

After some research, I ended up with Cube as being the best bang for my buck brand. The other ones (Except Orbea but I don't have an LBS close by that sells them.) seem to be way more expensive for the same or worse parts.

The LBS suggested the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 but I'm not sure which spec to buy. Is the Actionteam worth the extra €600-700? Should I be looking at any of the other brands that I listed?

Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Actionteam - +/-€4000:
Fox 36 Float Factory FIT4
Fox Float X Factory
chain: Shimano XT CN-M8100
cassette: Shimano XT CS-M8100, 10-51T
crankset: e*thirteen Plus Crank, 165mm (27.5: 36T // 29: 34T)
shifters: Shimano XT SL-M8100-IR, Direct Attach
rear derailleur: Shimano XT RD-M8100-SGS, ShadowPlus, 12-Speed
brake system: Shimano XT BR-M8120, Hydr. Disc Brake (203/203)
rear tyre: Schwalbe Big Betty, Super Gravity, Addix Soft, Kevlar, 2.4
front tyre: Schwalbe Magic Mary, Super Trail, Addix Soft, Kevlar, 2.4
wheelset: Newmen Evolution SL E.G. 30, 28/28 Spokes, 15x110mm/12x148mm, Tubeless Ready

Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 TM - +/-€3300:
Fox 36 Float Performance GRIP
Fox Float X Performance
chain: Sram NX Eagle™
cassette: Sram XG-1275 Eagle™, 10-52T
crankset: ACID E-Crank, 165mm (27.5: 36T // 29: 34T)
shifters: Sram GX Eagle™ Trigger, Single Click
rear derailleur: Sram GX Eagle™, 12-Speed
brake system: Magura MT7, Hydr. Disc Brake (203/203)
rear tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR II, MaxxGrip/DoubleDown, Tubeless Ready, 2.4 WT
front tyre: Maxxis Assegai, MaxxGrip/EXO+, Tubeless Ready, 2.5 WT
wheelset: Newmen Performance 30, 28/28 Spokes, 15x110mm/12x148mm, Tubeless Ready

Solution
Cube is a good choice. It can be a good all round e-bike for a full suspension.

My first consideration would be my proximity to a LBS. You’re definitely gonna need service and upgrades during your warranty period and having that support close by will be beneficial.

My second consideration would be the motor. I’m a Bosch gen4 advocate but other manufacturers are good, and getting better.

Lastly would be the “bling”. Everything can be upgraded, or changed to suit your riding techniques. You have a healthy budget to get a decent EMTB.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Cube is a good choice. It can be a good all round e-bike for a full suspension.

My first consideration would be my proximity to a LBS. You’re definitely gonna need service and upgrades during your warranty period and having that support close by will be beneficial.

My second consideration would be the motor. I’m a Bosch gen4 advocate but other manufacturers are good, and getting better.

Lastly would be the “bling”. Everything can be upgraded, or changed to suit your riding techniques. You have a healthy budget to get a decent EMTB.

Solution

Shotterke

Nov 21, 2023
Belgium
Yeah I have a LBS that does Cube 10 mins away so I'm good there.
I'm mainly wondering if the Actionteam is worth it over the TM spec. I don't love how either of them looks so it basically down to if the better parts on the Actionteam are worth it.

Shotterke

Nov 21, 2023
Belgium
My LBS didn't have any idea when they would be able to deliver the TM spec. Only the Race and Actionteam spec were available to order with a delivery time of May 2024 so I ended up ordering the Actionteam. It's going to be a long 5-6 months now. 😆

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles