Cube info

sipaldi

Apr 28, 2022
england
Hi All,
I am new to this and purchased a Reaction hybrid exc 750 a few weeks ago.
I am a little worried about being stranded miles away so was wondering , will this bike have inner tubes fitted or tubeless? Whats the best way to deal with a puncture as I have noticed "instant repair kits" whilst I have been searching for an answer to my question. If I need to carry a spare tube, what size do I need as I see 29er innertubes but with different widths etc?

slavio

Mar 29, 2022
Poland
by default it comes with tubes, not tubeless. It's always good idea to have a tube even if you're running tubeless - if the sealant won't seal the puncture that's the only option you have to continue riding. When it comes to tube size look for those that correspond to your tire width - you can't go wrong with a tube that fits a larger tire width than the one you have currently

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you run with inner tubes ( which is how it will come as standard) then you need to carry a puncture repair kit and either a pump or Co2 cannisters plus adapter. Alternatively it is often quicker to just fit a new tube, and carrying a spare tube is always useful regardless because you could of course get a second puncture!!
Once you go tubeless most punctures will self repair due to the sealant. For big days out it is worth taking with you Co2 cannisters plus adapter, and a small bottle of sealant. You could also consider packing a tubeless repair kit for tyre damage too big for the sealant to fix. A spare tube is the final component if all else fails. Dont worry too much about width quoted on the tube. Most are supposedly 2.4 max but will work fine in a 2.6.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Converting my 160SL to tubeless was done in less than 30 minutes.
I carry a hand+co2 pump and small repairkit.
No innertube, a phone in case I need that :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles