Cube bike weight & carrier query

Steve33

Nov 17, 2020
Kendal, UK
Hi All

Does anybody know the weight of the 2021 140 race hybrid 625. Also the weight of the battery.

Looking at how to carry bike, currently have roof carrier for current bike, but it has a weight limit, so think might have to look at towbar carrier.

64Beekeeper

Nov 23, 2020
Lima East
Hi Steve, I've looked at rear bike racks and the Thule Ebike racks look good even though expensive. I ended up making one as I'm a bit too clever for my own good. The only worry I have with a rear bike rack in Australia is the dust if you are going to be on dirt roads a lot. Cheers

rod9301

Oct 10, 2020
US
This is stupid. How are you going to lift an e bike, 25kg or more, over the top of the car, every day, without fucking your shoulders?

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Depending on local laws I think you'll find using a tow bar for a bike rack is not counted as towing which should give you some flexibility

Steve33

Nov 17, 2020
Kendal, UK
Thats what it is looking like on my research. But then some insurance company's flatly refuse to then cover you. Tow bar has to be a specific one only found 1 company that do them so far and they are out of stock. Then only specific cycle carrier will fit said special tow bar and guess what ,no one has any in stock. So hence researching roof mounted option just in case i face to go that way.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I've got tow balls for my motorhome and daily driver from Watling Engineers who have been excellent and made me a special adapter for the m/h. Can't fix one to my Lexus though ?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Thats what it is looking like on my research. But then some insurance company's flatly refuse to then cover you. Tow bar has to be a specific one only found 1 company that do them so far and they are out of stock. Then only specific cycle carrier will fit said special tow bar and guess what ,no one has any in stock. So hence researching roof mounted option just in case i face to go that way.
I'm intrigued - what's your vehicle?

Geeman

Nov 23, 2020
Uk
I use a Thule 599. Two ebike on roof. One cube Hardtail, no battery installed, Cube Stereo Hybrid 140, no battery installed. Travelled all over with no problems. My XL cube is just and I mean just under 20kg, lighter upgrades.

Steve33

Nov 17, 2020
Kendal, UK
Yeh that is a thought. But the thought of having to take wheels off and get in car not damaging anything after a cold, wet, ride doesn't fill me joy.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
It’s a hatchback, drop the rear seat , take the front wheel off or both and put the bike in the back ??

I have a Renault Scenic (don't laugh) and ^ this is how i transport mine.

Parcel shelf out, remove 1 rear seat completely (drivers side) Fold down centre seat.
Drop seatpost down, lift back end into the car and rest the motor on the edge of the opening while I take off the front wheel
Push the bike in so the rear wheel is against the drivers seat and use an old school toe strap to tie the rear wheel to the headrest bars, then just drop the front wheel in.
Just reverse to get out, it is a bit awkward refitting the front wheel while balancing the bike but its do-able.

Obviously this wont work if you have family/kids etc, but fine for solo trips

Embee

Aug 14, 2020
Lancashire UK
Must admit, this bike transportation thing is a PITA ! I’ve been taking both wheels off and sticking it in the back of a VW UP Gti (yep, really, it just fits !). However, scared of damaging car, I’ve just got a Saris Bones 2 bike carrier for my other saloon car (£110 on Amazon), used it 3 times now and all good. Was concerned about bike total weight, but carrier will take 2 bikes totalling 32 kg, so my Cube, without battery is easily under that weight. Until I can justify its own T5 , that’s as good as it gets.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles