Crossed over to eMTB

BrentH

Aug 19, 2021
UK
Been mountain biking for over 30 years. Due to a number of injuries slowing me down I’ve just crossed over and bought myself a Merida e160 9000 to breathe new life into my MTBing.
I normally build my bikes from bare frame so had to change a few components over to make it mine.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I changed over to emtb a few years ago after my Giant Trance was stolen. A friend convinced me to try an emtb before buying a new bike. I have been smiling ever since.
And am much fitter than before because I ride much much more than I used to.

Swiftdaddy

Aug 14, 2021
Same! And I am young and in shape I just hate climbing... It really takes the fun out of riding for me. I have a Norco Range VLT with the 900wh battery on the way.. cant wait!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Been mountain biking for over 30 years. Due to a number of injuries slowing me down I’ve just crossed over and bought myself a Merida e160 9000 to breathe new life into my MTBing.
I normally build my bikes from bare frame so had to change a few components over to make it mine.
If you haven't done it already, get the Shimano E-UBE Project app on your phone and spend time tuning the motor settings. This can turn your bike from a sedate granny bike into a wheel spinning monster (or the other way around). "Assistance Character" has a marked effect. This is completely permissible and in fact is provided by Shimano for your biking pleasure.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Start a thread, I'll reply tomorrow. It's late now. Earlier this week, a friend asked me to send her my settings. Not only did I send settings, but a description of why I chose those settings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles