Crestline Bikes

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
So I’ve found a sweet new eBike that’s about to drop in the next few months. It’s a new start up brand so definitely a boutique brand and they will have a DH bike and an awesome looking eBike.

I’ve had a little back and forth with Troy from Crestline and have got a few details from him and think I’m going to order one.

The bike has a pretty cool design and will have three different travel options and someone could have it setup as a 150mm rear travel, 162mm or as a long travel 175mm full on Enduro eBike. It’s also designed to be run as a mullet or full 29er.

Bike will come in three different sizes, uses the latest Bosch smart system with the 750wh battery and will weigh 50lbs with that big battery. And it’ll have the new small Bosch display setup with the recessed display that sits in the top tube and the small discrete mode switch.

I think it looks awesome with the Ohlins suspension, bike kind of looks like Santa Cruz Bullit and a Scor 4060 had a baby…..lol

C77AB36B-5E47-484B-AB98-5668424F0EEC.jpeg

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
Looks legit. What’s the warranty on the carbon frame looking like?
So I’ve found a sweet new eBike that’s about to drop in the next few months. It’s a new start up brand so definitely a boutique brand and they will have a DH bike and an awesome looking eBike.

I’ve had a little back and forth with Troy from Crestline and have got a few details from him and think I’m going to order one.

The bike has a pretty cool design and will have three different travel options and someone could have it setup as a 150mm rear travel, 162mm or as a long travel 175mm full on Enduro eBike. It’s also designed to be run as a mullet or full 29er.

Bike will come in three different sizes, uses the latest Bosch smart system with the 750wh battery and will weigh 50lbs with that big battery. And it’ll have the new small Bosch display setup with the recessed display that sits in the top tube and the small discrete mode switch.

I think it looks awesome with the Ohlins suspension, bike kind of looks like Santa Cruz Bullit and a Scor 4060 had a baby…..lol

View attachment 96843
Ran into these guys on the trail last year, they did most of their testing nearby. Bike looked super sweet! Would love to get info on it, but website seems hacked together and phone number Gus nowhere 🤷‍♂️

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Ran into these guys on the trail last year, they did most of their testing nearby. Bike looked super sweet! Would love to get info on it, but website seems hacked together and phone number Gus nowhere 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I’ve only communicated through Instagram with them.

The DH bike they’re going to launch looks pretty awesome too. It’s a VPP high pivot design, Cascade Components had a hand in helping design the suspension I believe.

67F79507-F035-41A2-A180-F5CE8131D631.jpeg
818356A5-C2C2-4B3E-B28F-A773158FD40B.jpeg

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming

Yeah, on their website, I couldn't even figure out what part of the world they're located in. I've been down the road of very small bike companies before and wouldn't again. I'll be interested to see what comes of it, there isn't yet enough info for me to get very excited about it.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Just saw someone post this yesterday on Facebook. I'm really liking this bike! Looks like World Wide Cyclery will be selling these very soon.

View attachment 101494 View attachment 101495

Yes I think that was the bike Chris built up. I’m waiting for my frame but the hold up is Bosch with the new display that goes in the frame top tube. He’s a few more pictures of that build.

2FB119EF-1725-401F-8202-724752B8C686.jpeg 5E394584-C3AE-4ECE-B0BC-D17B268C9411.jpeg BB4A2FC3-7E32-489C-91BA-0E7D591B942C.jpeg E14AF9AF-FCE8-4E92-B905-BF9BBCAEB952.jpeg 079835C7-6E8F-4472-B87F-5F1196AA39DC.jpeg

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
This bike is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Hopefully I can get my hands on one before the 2023 Santa Cruz Bullit come out.

After owning both Shimano and Bosch e-bikes I’ve sworn off Shimano bikes…..lol

I work at a shop and it is pretty crazy how many new bikes with EP8 motors I’ve seen have their motors replaced.
I have a buddy who’s been waiting for a new motor for his 2022 Bullit.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I think this looks like the ultimate ebike right now. I would like to know what that seat tube length is though (looks a little bit long) and also whether it has a hot swappable battery which is something that I need for full ride days since I only use turbo mode. I like the voima but im not sold on the pole geometry and this looks like it might be a better bike to me. Hopefully they will put the race spec motor in it, I would like to see that before i upgrade my ebike

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
This has to be a top pick atm. Will they be offering a frame/motor only packages? Does it have a flip chip to make it ez to mullet? That pic kind of looks like full 9er

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
After owning both Shimano and Bosch e-bikes I’ve sworn off Shimano bikes…..lol

I work at a shop and it is pretty crazy how many new bikes with EP8 motors I’ve seen have their motors replaced.
I have a buddy who’s been waiting for a new motor for his 2022 Bullit.
I've gone from Brose to Shimano motors and have had much better luck with the Shimano motors. I do want to try the Bosch motor and big reason why I want this Crestline bike. It checks every box for me with the geometry, mullet, motor and battery.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
This has to be a top pick atm. Will they be offering a frame/motor only packages? Does it have a flip chip to make it ez to mullet? That pic kind of looks like full 9er

I haven't heard of it having a flip chip, it'll be able in three frame sizes. Basically a medium, large and extra large, if I recall correctly medium will have a 455mm reach, large has a 475mm reach and XL was 505mm reach.

The medium will come as a mullet, and large and XL will come standard as a full 29er but you can mullet if you'd like. The frame is also designed that if you wanted too with a shorter shock stroke and optional rear triangle the bike can have 155mm rear travel. So if someone really wanted too the bike could easily enough be setup as a 160mm/155mm front and rear bike.

After talking with Troydon from Crestline I think they intend to offer the bike as a full build, but right now some parts are hard to get so they've sold a few frames to early customers. But as far as I know the intent is to sell it as a complete bike.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I haven't heard of it having a flip chip, it'll be able in three frame sizes. Basically a medium, large and extra large, if I recall correctly medium will have a 455mm reach, large has a 475mm reach and XL was 505mm reach.

The medium will come as a mullet, and large and XL will come standard as a full 29er but you can mullet if you'd like. The frame is also designed that if you wanted too with a shorter shock stroke and optional rear triangle the bike can have 155mm rear travel. So if someone really wanted too the bike could easily enough be setup as a 160mm/155mm front and rear bike.

After talking with Troydon from Crestline I think they intend to offer the bike as a full build, but right now some parts are hard to get so they've sold a few frames to early customers. But as far as I know the intent is to sell it as a complete bike.
Thanks. Medium will fit very nice.

Posvar1

Nov 17, 2022
Charlotte, North Carolina
The IG posts of first laps with this bike from the last couple days are insane. This will for sure be my long travel big hit bike. My Heckler is an awesome trail bike and I was looking at the Bullit for 2023 bike park days but I am sold on this one. Troydon has a frame set aside for me awaiting components. That will surely be a big part of any delays on the release but he is still hopeful for December completion on my build. We will be going long travel for sure with all Ohlins suspension.

Last edited:

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
The IG posts of first laps with this bike from the last couple days are insane. This will for sure be my long travel big hit bike. My Heckler is an awesome trail bike and I was looking at the Bullit for 2023 bike park days but I am sold on this one. Troydon has a frame set aside for me awaiting components. That will surely be a big part of any delays on the release but he is still hopeful for December completion on my build. We will be going long travel for sure with all Ohlins suspension.
how much is it, there is no released info on the bike that i can even see

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
I'm hoping to receive my Crestline January! I'm also loving my 2022 Heckler and 2022 Bullit and was planning on the 2023 Bullit but will try out the Crestline instead. This will be my 1st Bosch motor so super stoked to try something new.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I'm hoping to receive my Crestline January! I'm also loving my 2022 Heckler and 2022 Bullit and was planning on the 2023 Bullit but will try out the Crestline instead. This will be my 1st Bosch motor so super stoked to try something new.

You won’t want to ride the Shimano motor after getting on a Bosch….lol

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
I'm just wondering here, how can they get away from having a bike that looks like 95% Santa Cruz ?

Looks like this is a virtual pivot point suspension with the counter rotating links, just like SC.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles