Levo Gen 3 Crankarms

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway

I'm considering buying 155mm crankarms to Levo comp carbon so anyone got any good/bad experience with Hope which I like?​

I also like 5Dev but they are way to expensive.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
FWIW, I'm satisfied with my alloy Miranda cranks. Not expensive, and they have survived 4-ish years of regular riding. Mine are 150s, so pedal strikes are a faded memory.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
FWIW, I'm satisfied with my alloy Miranda cranks. Not expensive, and they have survived 4-ish years of regular riding. Mine are 150s, so pedal strikes are a faded memory.

Thanks I'll check them out but I would like some color maybe raw since my bike is black😁

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Also consider Pinnd cranks , great quality and possibly a bit cheaper than Hopes.

Re: 5DEV , I had a set of first gen 160mm , there was something wrong with the size tolerance in the isis spline. They eventually warrantied them after a few months of email exchanges and me digging my heels in! I sold the replacements as soon as I received them. Then I bought Pinnd 155s , not a problem with them. (y)

Last edited:

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Also consider Pinnd cranks , great quality and possibly a bit cheaper than Hopes.

Re: 5DEV , I had a set of first gen 160mm , there was something wrong with the size tolerance in the isis spline. They eventually warrantied them after a few months of email exchanges and me digging my heels in! I sold the replacements as soon as I received them. Then I bought Pinnd 155s , not a problem with them. (y)
They look nice but since I have to buy them outside Norway with shipping and taxes they would cost me $300 and Hope is sold in Norway costing $250. In little Norway, unfortunately, there is not as large a selection in bike parts as there is in the UK, so by importing parts, it is always very expensive if the company is not kind and sends the parts as a gift 😉

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
I'm also after some new 155 cranks after bending my Miranda's on a root strike.
The Miranda's are okay if you can get them cheaper on Amazon, they do seem to bend easily though, so if you're a heavy or aggressive rider bare that in mind.
Also I'm not sure if it's the machining, finish coating or another factor but the drive side crank arm was extremely tight and difficult to remove, the non drive side came off fine.

Pinnd cranks look amazing but I'm not sure I can justify the price tag 😕

Same with hope, but I actually prefer the look of the Pinnd

How about race face?

Are there any others?

I've got the original E-thirteen cranks back on at the moment but they keep coming loose.
I've read this is a common issue with a batch of them and some have warrantied them for replacement.
I believe they also make a 155 version.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I'm also after some new 155 cranks after bending my Miranda's on a root strike.
The Miranda's are okay if you can get them cheaper on Amazon, they do seem to bend easily though, so if you're a heavy or aggressive rider bare that in mind.
Also I'm not sure if it's the machining, finish coating or another factor but the drive side crank arm was extremely tight and difficult to remove, the non drive side came off fine.

Pinnd cranks look amazing but I'm not sure I can justify the price tag 😕

Same with hope, but I actually prefer the look of the Pinnd

How about race face?

Are there any others?

I've got the original E-thirteen cranks back on at the moment but they keep coming loose.
I've read this is a common issue with a batch of them and some have warrantied them for replacement.
I believe they also make a 155 version.
When I look at RF website they don't have 155mm or in different colours.
I would prefer raw or maybe red since my callipers is red and 155mm is a must.

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
I have Hope’s on my Levo Gen3 and Pinnd on my wife’s Mondraker.

Both came with self extracting bolts 👍

Both are great and way stronger and betterer than Miranda’s.
Lovely finish and feel strong.

RF crank boots fit the Hopes quite nicely

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I have Hope’s on my Levo Gen3 and Pinnd on my wife’s Mondraker.

Both came with self extracting bolts 👍

Both are great and way stronger and betterer than Miranda’s.
Lovely finish and feel strong.

RF crank boots fit the Hopes quite nicely
Thanks think I have decided to go for raw Hope

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I have the 155mm Hope cranks - virtually stopped pedal strikes and no downsides
If you earlier had 160mm did you feel any difference in the cadence and did you have to adjust the dropper post height?

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
If you earlier had 160mm did you feel any difference in the cadence and did you have to adjust the dropper post height?
They may have been 165 before (2020 Turbo Levo) but certainly didn't notice any difference in cadence but probably adjusted dropper post to compensate - some time ago now!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

I'm considering buying 155mm crankarms to Levo comp carbon so anyone got any good/bad experience with Hope which I like?​

I also like 5Dev but they are way to expensive.
Just fitted Hope 155 yesterday. Used Hope brakes. Pedals and wheels for many years with no issues . Expect the cranks will be the same .

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Just fitted Hope 155 yesterday. Used Hope brakes. Pedals and wheels for many years with no issues . Expect the cranks will be the same .
I have decided to go for Hope 155mm and earlier also did consider Hope brakes but since they don't have bite point adjustments I went for Maven.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I have decided to go for Hope 155mm and earlier also did consider Hope brakes but since they don't have bite point adjustments I went for Maven.
Ok. My Hopes have bite adjustment .Tech 3 or 4 I can't remember. Must admit I have used Hope brakes for ten years or more with no issues. Found them more finicky on Levo but probably done two or three times the mileage. compared to what I did before.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Ok. My Hopes have bite adjustment .Tech 3 or 4 I can't remember. Must admit I have used Hope brakes for ten years or more with no issues. Found them more finicky on Levo but probably done two or three times the mileage. compared to what I did before.
Yes you are right I confused them with TRP DH-R EVO which doesn't have it. Anyway I got a good price on the Maven box

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Yes you are right I confused them with TRP DH-R EVO which doesn't have it. Anyway I got a good price on the Maven box
I never had problems with any brand of brakes to be fair. I got Hopes as my mate had a account with them so I get everything at cost price . I think I paid about 170 for cranks

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I never had problems with any brand of brakes to be fair. I got Hopes as my mate had a account with them so I get everything at cost price . I think I paid about 170 for cranks
I have tried all Code with different rotors and pads and never got comfortable with them good modulation but terrible stop power. Yeah some are happy having good contacts I don't neither much to choose between locally. I have to pay ~$270 for Hope cranks and ~$500 for 5DEV😫

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
I have tried all Code with different rotors and pads and never got comfortable with them good modulation but terrible stop power. Yeah some are happy having good contacts I don't neither much to choose between locally. I have to pay ~$270 for Hope cranks and ~$500 for 5DEV😫
I went from Codes to Hope and never looked back. Some say they aren't quite as powerful as others but as they say "what is power without control" 😂

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I recently went from the original 160 praxis to 150 miranda cranks, definitely had to adjust the dropper, still getting used to riding shorter cranks...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles