Crank Arms

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Got a creak down in the bottom bracket and it really felt like a pedal on the way out. Checked the pedal and sure enough there was a fair bit of lateral play in it. Tried nipping it up but to no avail, creak still there. Bit the bullet and bought new pedals only to find the creak still there. After further investigation it turned out the drive side crank arm was coming loose. Tightened it up and all was good for about half a ride and now the creaking is creeping back in and I figure that the splines in the softer aluminum of the crank arm must be a bit munted.
So the dilemma is what crank arm to replace it with. Have looked here in Oz and there is plenty of E13 crank arms around for a reasonable price but looking on here says that they are a bit crap and come loose again. Hope seems to be the way to go but at around $420 for the pair they seem very expensive. Now started looking at Miranda cranks and there 2 options in the 155mm length that I want to go, they both say that the are compatible with the Gen 4 motor but one has a Q:8 and the other has Q:16 in their descriptions. Anyone been down this road as don't want to spend the money only to find that they too come loose as per the E13's or can anyone tell me what the Q factor is all about? Cheers Steve

thumbnail_IMG_3592.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles