Other Cracked my Levo frame

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
So after 3 odd years and about 13,000 km my 2018, alloy, levo comp frame gave up. Cracked it behind the motor and Spesh were not going to cover it under warranty. But Spesh are good right, and we pay a premium when we buy their product.
So as a goodwill gesture, they hooked me up with a new S-Works full fact11 carbon frame with new shock. That was a smart move on their part. If the older bikes are kept going and supported, it gives confidence to potential new buyers. Aye @Specialized Rider Care
So we’ll done Specialized

In this downtime, I had a chance to ride the new 2022 Norco Sight which the Ep8 motor. All I can say is it don’t feel natural in it’s power delivery like my Levo. Also noticeable, was the way it cut out the power at 25kmh. On the Levo, I can hardly tell when that happens.
So when I’m up for a new rig, I’m going to keep the old one and buy Specialized again me thinks. All bikes have their problems, but I like the fact Specialized stands by their products, and looks after you. Even if you do own a vintage Levo.

06BF88F5-33C1-44C3-BABD-194D106D550A.jpeg

A5ECAA1D-058A-4AC4-B011-B95359209C8A.jpeg

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
What made them change their mind?
Initially photos of the crack sent so was hard to tell. Then after further inspection by the Rep I guess, probs had him sitting on the fence. Could of been from underside impact, or could of just been caused by failure over time. Hence the goodwill and good outcome.
only just taking a guess at most of this. Either way, they come through with the goods, without a fight and only after a week, I had the new frame. I’ve heard some horror stories about other manufacturers 🤷‍♂️

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Well done . Who knows might be collectors item soon . I was pretty happy with my motor replacement. I purchased second hand . The shop charged me 100 $ aus labour for replacement. And the guy asked me if that was OK. So if I wanted to be a dick he probably wouldn't of charged me . Anyways spesh warranty probably best in the business I reckon.

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
Initially photos of the crack sent so was hard to tell. Then after further inspection by the Rep I guess, probs had him sitting on the fence. Could of been from underside impact, or could of just been caused by failure over time. Hence the goodwill and good outcome.
only just taking a guess at most of this. Either way, they come through with the goods, without a fight and only after a week, I had the new frame. I’ve heard some horror stories about other manufacturers 🤷‍♂️
Please don’t take this the wrong wat, but your photo if the cracks is difficult to diagnose. Not enough perspective for me. It would have been good to see more if the frame. You did have a good outcome so the point is moot. It’s just hard to see how the frame failed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles