Couple of range extender questions for the battery experts it

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hello everyone

just Wondered I like to leave BOTH my main battery and extender battery at around 80 % over the week when the bike is not in use ok

so at the moment I charge BOTH to 100% the night before I ride but never quite sure how far I will go so towards the end of my ride i am disconnecting the extender early just to use some of the main battery so its not left and stored at 100%

so is there any reason why I start a ride with the extender at 100% but the main battery at 80 % ???
that way if I don’t use the whole extender then It. would stop me worrying about taking some out of the main battery but If i do want that longer ride I still have 80% main battery in reserve

just wondered if there was a reason like both batteries have to start at 100 % for any reason

cheers

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
That's is exactly how I do it and how I suggest you to do it. If you don't need both batteries at 100% for your trip, start with the extender at 100% and main battery at 80%. Just remember to use some main battery and charge again if you don't use it for a month.

Cheers!

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
I was thinking about this and I'm really not sure it's worth the effort - these batteries are supposed to be good for 500+ charges before they start losing any capacity aren't they? Even if you ride twice a week, every week of the year, that's still 5 years. If the bike needs a new battery 5 years down the line and its still my main bike I'm happy with that

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles