Correct 36t chainring for e8000

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
Alloy wont last long and will result in chain suck as it wears and catches the chain, i found this out after I toasted one of those rings in the space of a single ride after repeat climbs of a huge hill in turbo mode on the 46T granny gear.

My recommendation is to go with the Praxis Steel E--ring, 36-7001 is the part number. Perfect fit on the E8000. Cheap. Performing flawlessly so far.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Alloy wont last long and will result in chain suck as it wears and catches the chain, i found this out after I toasted one of those rings in the space of a single ride after repeat climbs of a huge hill in turbo mode on the 46T granny gear.

My recommendation is to go with the Praxis Steel E--ring, 36-7001 is the part number. Perfect fit on the E8000. Cheap. Performing flawlessly so far.

Is this the wave tech one or the mountain one?
MTN 1X 104BCD WAVE™ TECH - Praxis Works
or
Praxis Mountain Ring 104Bcd Black buy and offers on Bikeinn

Dan63

Feb 4, 2019
Brisbane
It is neither unfortunately. I usually get everything online but fucked if i could get a hold of one of these!

Try your local bike shop... giant and specialized definitely both deal with praxis. I had no problem having one ordered in from a specialized dealer nearby. Was only approx $45-50

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
It is neither unfortunately. I usually get everything online but fucked if i could get a hold of one of these!

Try your local bike shop... giant and specialized definitely both deal with praxis. I had no problem having one ordered in from a specialized dealer nearby. Was only approx $45-50

Does it look like this as the 36T in this has that part number you quoted.

eRING STEEL MTN 1X 104BCD - Praxis Works

You could probably use this on the Merida as on the Merida it doesn't matter if the chainring bolts go all the way through;

MTN 1X 104BCD WAVE™ TECH - Praxis Works

And this one should work too;

Praxis Mountain Ring 104Bcd Black buy and offers on Bikeinn

Stuart569

Jun 24, 2019
NE Scotland

I've done 600 miles with some serious climbs and aggressive riding and I'm not even showing wear on mine. I guess you got a bad one...

HampshireSam

Jan 17, 2020
Hampshire
Thank @Gary he told me ?. I've been running a cheopo NW 36t like in link for months with zero issue and hundreds of miles. Best buy I've made for the bike, after STunlock of course ?
Do you find yourself further up the cassette on descents? That's what I'm hoping to achieve. This and STunlocker are the only 2 things I will have done to the bike so far...
Thanks @Gary

Stuart569

Jun 24, 2019
NE Scotland
Do you find yourself further up the cassette on descents? That's what I'm hoping to achieve. This and STunlocker are the only 2 things I will have done to the bike so far...
Thanks @Gary

Yeah in the 3rd smallest cog alot more rather than before where I only really used the 2 smallest. Still chew through cassette cogs but not as much now. They're only a few quid each anyway so no big deal. Obviously change the chain at same time as cogs so 25 quid all in every 200 miles or so.

AverageJoeMTB

Jan 24, 2019
Forest of Dean
Borrowing the thread rather than start another. Will this work with a 114 link chain? My cassette is 11-46 so I'm worried it'll be a touch too short on the 46. Might have a 116 lying around but if not I'd have to buy a chain too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles