Copenhagen 🇩🇰 rider revisiting after a long break

MrBaallack

Jul 2, 2023
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi, my name is Frederik.
I’ve always been riding until 10 years ago when by Cube hard tail got stolen.

Now I think it’s time to get back in the game! But on an e-bike 🙂

I’m 6’5” and I’ve been looking at geometry on different bikes for some days now. And damn there’s a lot going on…
I’ve narrowed it down to Specialized Turbo Levo Comp 2022 in S6.
Long reach and a max weight which fits my 115 kg.

I’m living in Copenhagen Denmark where I have some great places to ride within 30-40 in a car.

I’m a former Mechanic/ Technician in the automotive industry and now work as a workshop manager/ service advisor at a Mercedes Benz dealership - 15 km from my home, where my thought was to ride to work on my coming bike.

Im looking forward to get some knowledge and maybe get to know some great people!

Cheers✌️

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
I got the Comp in Red, not sure how many K I’ve done in a year but I think it must be 4-5,000, have really tried to get out rain or shine!
On my third cassette, fourth chain, fourth set of tyres, third pads, bled brakes twice. Had to warranty the first cassette and the dropper once.
If it was a car I’d be pissed but apparently this is normal, and it’s not the specific bike either! Winter with a lot of mud over the South Downs took its toll on components.
Honestly bike is great, I love it.

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
image.jpg

MrBaallack

Jul 2, 2023
Copenhagen, Denmark
I got the Comp in Red, not sure how many K I’ve done in a year but I think it must be 4-5,000, have really tried to get out rain or shine!
On my third cassette, fourth chain, fourth set of tyres, third pads, bled brakes twice. Had to warranty the first cassette and the dropper once.
If it was a car I’d be pissed but apparently this is normal, and it’s not the specific bike either! Winter with a lot of mud over the South Downs took its toll on components.
Honestly bike is great, I love it.
It sound like a lot when you list it, but I too think it’s pretty normal.
I work with new Mercedes and Jesus the new c-class has a lot of errors. So I guess I would be okay with warranty claims…. My first thought is “I can do a lot of the maintenance and repairs myself” but if there is a warranty then I would properly not do as much as I normally would.

How often do you have to charge it? And how many km do you get?

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
New headlights on my Tesla cost me two grand, I suppose I am miffed all over!

I get 45k from a full charge doing all off road, up and down the South Downs using a mix of trail mode and turbo for these awful hills. That’s with the maxxis tyres you can see above which have been the best so far. Tubeless, the kit you see strapped on and a litre of water. I charge it pretty much when I get home, because I like to be able to “just go” if I find time during work.

Any other questions happy to help. Sounds like we’re almost the same size!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles