Competent Bosch service centres south east uk

Dave.J

Nov 14, 2023
Hay on wye
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure you or any shop can't change the motor programing from 29 to 27.5 Its programed by the manufacturer of the bike at the factory.

Bosch themselves don't do that unless it's a warranty case. When I process a warranty claim at Mt shop you send Bosch a dealer report so they can program a new motor for the bike but they do not write the programs.

The only way for you to change the wheel size in the software is to speak to the bike manufacturer I am afraid. Not sure even they would do it but you never know.

Hopefully that helps you a bit 🙏

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
My bike has all the numbers on the kiox display. When I mulleted mine I measured the circumference and just scrolled through to what I wanted in the settings.
Your bike might already have the adjustments built in.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
My bike has all the numbers on the kiox display. When I mulleted mine I measured the circumference and just scrolled through to what I wanted in the settings.
Your bike might already have the adjustments built in.
I was under the impression that changing the wheel size in the app just corrects the displayed speed and mileage.
Doesn't make a difference to the actual cutout speed of the bike?

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
When you mention App then I take it you are taking about the smart system?
My apologies as I am meaning the non smart motor !

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
When you mention App then I take it you are taking about the smart system?
My apologies as I am meaning the non smart motor !
Yes it's smart I believe. I've never had Bosch before so am not yet familiar with the apps, multiple display types, horizontal and vertical batteries, different motor types etc.
It's all quite confusing compared to the specialized stuff I'm used to.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
just look up your local bike shops.........if they sell Bosch motored bikes they are likely Bosch Service Centres ( which generally just means they have at least one Bosch trained mechanic and are registered to access the Bosch Service App).

To identify whether the bike in question is Bosch gen 1 or gen2 (Smart System) if the bike is 2022 onwards it is likely Gen2. It will have the LED Remote on the bars as the controller.........it may also have a Kiox 300 display although it is not necessary. A 2023 bike may have the later Bosch Smart set up with a mini remote on the bars ( similar to the Spesh remote) and a controller/display in the top tube ( similar to a Spesh TCU.) Bosch bikes prior to 2022 will have the gen1 system which is the Purion controller on the bars.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles