Cold Weather Gear

SteveS

Aug 5, 2018
Colorado
I'm curious about cold weather gear: What are some recommendations for pants, jackets, gloves, etc? I am a large person with a pretty large midsection, so I am looking for gear that fits big and tall people well. I'm 6'1", 240lbs (108kg) and about 40" around the belly. I also have long legs and arms - 34" inseam and 36" shirt sleeve.

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
To be honest I just buy the under thermal stuff from Asda and then wear MTB Jersey and MTB trousers over the top. Just got myself a new pair of fox racing gloves (for no reason other than I liked the look).and apart from that a rainproof cycle jacket incase the heavens open. May get a neck warmer soon.

The only thing I'm wondering is ...anyway people keep there ears warm in winter? Helmet won't fit on head with Woolley hat on and it looks about daft haha. Any ideas or tips?

Steady_eddy

Patreon
Apr 25, 2018
Netherlands
I buy from Decathlon, usually a waterproof jacket and walking trousers and a thin running hat to keep my head warm. I also bought a Quesha light puffer jacket there, most of their stuff is quite cheap, especially in a sale! Bonus is you can try it on. This all helped a lot this morning at 0530!

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You know what keeps you warm riding an Ebike?

Switching the motor off.

I'm 100% serious BTW

spr0cket

Jul 16, 2018
Farnham, Surrey
The only thing I'm wondering is ...anyway people keep there ears warm in winter? Helmet won't fit on head with Woolley hat on and it looks about daft haha. Any ideas or tips?

Either a simple thin neckwarmer (the sort that always seem to be given away with magazines this time of yesr) pulled up into helmet to cover ears, or the best thing I've tried, is a Halo headband. Thin neoprene with ear bits thats come down from the main band. Thin enough to stuff in a pocket but very effective at keeping cooling wind off the lug holes. It even has a small silicone strip at forehead to prevent any sweat running down into eyes if things get steamy.

Just checked their UK site and it's called an Anti-Freeze headband. Been using one every winter for the past 10 years now so I'm a fan.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles