Clean matt black Kenevo with PTFE spray ...

grayedout

Jul 17, 2018
Ludlow
Hi All, just wonder if anyone has a better finish for the frame after washing than PTFE spray ? I went in LBS the other day and had forgot how matt the black Kenevo was when new.. the PTFE spray really makes it shinny .

Andy

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
surely just stop using PTFE spray and wipe it dry after washing with a microfibre cloth (or an old towel)

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
This stuff works like a charm - using it on my matt black motorcycle since 3 years and it still looks like new. No shiny parts at all.

1535108021582.png

Reactions: Dax

DaveL

Aug 31, 2018
Pukekohe, New Zealand
PUTOLINE MATT WAX 500ML AEROSOL SPRAY looks like it does the same thing and seems to be available in the UK according to Google. My Kenevo was "Storm Grey" (more like "Duck Egg Blue" I reckon..) which is the only colour available in New Zealand. I painted it matt black using a rubber paint which can be can be peeled offa few weeks ago and it looks great imho. Stealth mode has been activated :D

20180823_191301.jpg

I'm going to give the Putoline Wax a go this week. I'll report back...

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
PUTOLINE MATT WAX 500ML AEROSOL SPRAY looks like it does the same thing and seems to be available in the UK according to Google. My Kenevo was "Storm Grey" (more like "Duck Egg Blue" I reckon..) which is the only colour available in New Zealand. I painted it matt black using a rubber paint which can be can be peeled offa few weeks ago and it looks great imho. Stealth mode has been activated :D

View attachment 4666
I'm going to give the Putoline Wax a go this week. I'll report back...

Have to admire the stealth anti theft addition ?

DaveL

Aug 31, 2018
Pukekohe, New Zealand
So I gave the Putoline Matt Wax a go this week and I think it's a good option. Put it this way, I would (and will) buy it again. The bike doesn't end up looking shiny, which is great, but it's easier to clean than it would otherwise be, especially as mud tends to stick to the rubber paint a bit "better" than it did to the stock paint job. The water was still beading after I had cleaned the bike so it looks like the wax will be good for a few rides at least.

I'm no clean freak but here in the upper North Island of New Zealand there are a lot of places where you have to clean your equipment (bikes, shoes etc.) before and after going into the bush. The idea is that this will help prevent Kauri dieback, a disease which is killing our largest and most impressive native tree. It's total PC bullshit but I won't hijack the thread with my thoughts on that... needless to say that if we don't want these areas closed off to the public (some already have been) we have to abide by the rules. I guess one postive is that it makes me clean my bike more than I would otherwise... :unsure::)

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I just use wet look Tyre shine. Apply to rag and then apply to bike.
Gives the Matt a bit of a sheen and dust don’t stick. Works well on tyres too, just don’t get it near your brakes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles