Circumference number in etube or steps unlocked??

Ks34

Sep 29, 2019
Spain
Hi All!!

Just a quick question: what number is circumference in yours Decoy??

I was playing with steps unlocker and forgot the number set from the factory...

Thks!!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
To get the number for when setting my bike computer I used to mark a line on the ground and start with the valve at the bottom of the wheel over the line. Then get on the bike and roll forward until the valve comes to the bottom again. Then mark the ground and measure the distance in centimetres. Simples!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Simples yes!!

I want to know the number from the yt factory!

??

I know you do, but I don't know it. :)

What will you do if you change your tyres or the pressure, either of which will change the rolling circumference? But then again, it won't change by much unless you make extreme changes. How accurate do you want to be? :unsure:

Ks34

Sep 29, 2019
Spain
Just to continue make fine settings...

I want to use the original data set from factory...

I’m trying with different numbers to match gps speed.

Lee

Jun 11, 2019
Lancaster
I don't remember what mine was from the factory but I do remember that it was incorrect, if you want an accurate value; measure the roll out (circumference) of the wheel which has the sensor on and add that correct value in order to get the correct speed and distance, don't assume GPS is correct, wheel circumference is usually considered more accurate.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
As above … 2287 default

For a 27.5" at 2287 sounds a bit too big for me and I would suspect that you won't get the full (true) 25mph/32kph with that number. Bike may stop assisting at 25/32 on your display but you won't be actually doing 25/32.

You will also probably find that your trip kms on your bike are more than your gps recorded kms with that number too.

Ks34

Sep 29, 2019
Spain
I think it was 2250 set for EU but I’m not 100% sure...

I’ve checked a web for this data with 27.5&2.8 and it was 2281... really close!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles