Charging the Bullit Battery

Phatboi

Jun 24, 2021
Cardiff
I thought I would be able to charge the battery while it was out of the bike like on the Levo. It appears that the standard charger only works on the Bike charging port?

Anyone know how/ If the battery can be charged separately?

Thanks

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
You want a SM-BTE80.
3B65D62B-A12C-49A7-9441-27AEC3F43739.jpeg
It’s done using this adapter. Make sure you get this one as there’s another that looks the same but doesn’t fit. The clues in the pattern of the connectors. Your charger that came with the Bullit plugs into this and this plugs into the battery, once removed from the bike. Also, note the Bullit battery (BT-E8036) isn’t mentioned by Shimano on the page link I’ve given below. Don’t worry. For some reason, only the 504AHr battery (BT-E8035) is mentioned. The Bullit battery is the 630AHr one.

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
Thanks for the info. I will order one.
??
In the U.K. it should cost about £35. The older connector — the one you don’t want — costs £80 in the U.K. ?

I had to order mine. That was 2 months ago, but it arrived into stock quickly. No idea what’s available now.

If it doesn’t just pop up in Google, I’d contact 18Bikes, Brink, Stiff and Jungle and order from them all and ring the three others back when it comes back. They’re fine with this approach.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
I thought I would be able to charge the battery while it was out of the bike like on the Levo. It appears that the standard charger only works on the Bike charging port?

Anyone know how/ If the battery can be charged separately?

Thanks
My Bullit came with the off-the-bike charger included, no extra $ charge... could yours be with the dealer you got bike from?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles