Levo Gen 2 Charger 2.1 upgrade on a Lyrik Select

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
So, I sent my fork in for warranty, and received it back with a nice shiny charger 2.1 with the HSC/LSC settings.

Still early days and I am fiddling with settings still, but I can already feel the difference. It's much less harsh and feels generally more controlled. Really inspires pushing on harder.

question - does anyone know if Rockshox warranty repair upgrade the air side at the same time? which I think if I changed the seals to SKF makes it into a lyrik ultimate from what I've read? I think its this kit: 2021 C1 Debonair Air Spring DIY Upgrade Kit Pike, Yari, Lyrik

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA
That's so dope! It is day and night compared to the regular Charger. I upgraded to the Charger 2.1 and then Push HC97 and its been butter.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
That's so dope! It is day and night compared to the regular Charger. I upgraded to the Charger 2.1 and then Push HC97 and its been butter.

So to understand, you started with Charger 2, then swapped in 2.1 and saw improvement...but then went from 2.1 to Push HC97 and saw even more improvement? Do I understand your upgrade sequence correctly?

Do you need any 2.1 components to get to the HC97 upgrade or can you just get there using the Charger 2?

mtbchris

Dec 2, 2019
San Diego, CA
So to understand, you started with Charger 2, then swapped in 2.1 and saw improvement...but then went from 2.1 to Push HC97 and saw even more improvement? Do I understand your upgrade sequence correctly?

Do you need any 2.1 components to get to the HC97 upgrade or can you just get there using the Charger 2?

That's correct. But it was the RCT3 with LSC and Open/Pedal/Firm positioning. The HC97 gave me HSC along with LCS and rebound of course. If you plan on going with the HC97 then it doesn't matter what what type of Charger it is as long its Charger 2 or Charger 2.1, it will work for all of them.

kombos

Dec 18, 2019
Arizona
That's correct. But it was the RCT3 with LSC and Open/Pedal/Firm positioning. The HC97 gave me HSC along with LCS and rebound of course. If you plan on going with the HC97 then it doesn't matter what what type of Charger it is as long its Charger 2 or Charger 2.1, it will work for all of them.

Thanks. Interesting. I have a 2020 Lyric Select that I added the 2021 Debonair kit to and also went from 150 to 160mm.
Nice improvement. Next, I was considering swapping to the Charger 2.1, but it sounds like HC97 might be a better way to go....

Dirk74

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2020
Germany
Thanks. Interesting. I have a 2020 Lyric Select that I added the 2021 Debonair kit to and also went from 150 to 160mm.
Nice improvement. Next, I was considering swapping to the Charger 2.1, but it sounds like HC97 might be a better way to go....
Probably not
If you plan on going with the HC97 then it doesn't matter what what type of Charger it is as long its Charger 2 or Charger 2.1, it will work for all of them.
The Lyrik Select has a Charger damper (with IFP) that is different from Charger 2 or Charger 2.1.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
So, I sent my fork in for warranty, and received it back with a nice shiny charger 2.1 with the HSC/LSC settings.

Still early days and I am fiddling with settings still, but I can already feel the difference. It's much less harsh and feels generally more controlled. Really inspires pushing on harder.

question - does anyone know if Rockshox warranty repair upgrade the air side at the same time? which I think if I changed the seals to SKF makes it into a lyrik ultimate from what I've read? I think its this kit: 2021 C1 Debonair Air Spring DIY Upgrade Kit Pike, Yari, Lyrik
A month or so I had the Rock Shot Select charger (2020 Levo Comp) replaced under warranty. The replacement was the RCT3 version rather than the top line one you got but I'm still happy. It's a huge improvement over my defective one. ;)

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
one curious thing is, what guidance for settings do we now use? I have half a lyrik, and half a lyrik ultimate from what I can make out...

EME

MUPPET
Subscriber
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
Thanks @kombos for the info.
Can anyone confirm that is 'right' one for a 2020 Lyric Debonair?. I still don't understand the nomenclature .

Bike

Sorry Guys i did the same with my Lyric select.They replaced with rct3 on warranty.Idid upgrade with the air spring to 160mm but not the 2021 version (2021 C1 Debonair Air Spring DIY Upgrade Kit Pike, Yari, Lyrik) but the 2020 one.What you think about the different from 2021 to 2020 is so big to justify to replace again? thanks guys.

Bike

Bumpy

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
What were the symptoms of a faulty charger that needed a warranty replacement? Asking cus mine don't feel good and never has even with lots of tweaking.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Sorry Guys i did the same with my Lyric select.They replaced with rct3 on warranty.Idid upgrade with the air spring to 160mm but not the 2021 version (2021 C1 Debonair Air Spring DIY Upgrade Kit Pike, Yari, Lyrik) but the 2020 one.What you think about the different from 2021 to 2020 is so big to justify to replace again? thanks guys.
You can just buy the piston and nut about 20 whatevers and find out for yourself but reports are good and I have one on order.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
What were the symptoms of a faulty charger that needed a warranty replacement? Asking cus mine don't feel good and never has even with lots of tweaking.
In my case the rebound and low speed compression adjustments did nothing. It was always like the rebound was fully open and compression was fully closed no matter what the settings were. The LBS removed the charger and said it didn’t work normally on the bench.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK

for me, lots of rattling that was getting louder.

I was never overjoyed with how the lyrik performed. I added a token which helped with bottoming out. I did a lowers service which improved sensitivity. The 2.1 has taken it to the next level though. Less vibration in the hands for a start.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I’ve upgraded the air side now, pumped up to the usual 93psi. I notice that the sag is now a lot lower with the same initial pressure, I’m seeing about 15% whereas I’m expecting about 25%... is this usual with this upgrade? Is this implying I should run less sag % or lower the pressure to get it down to 25% ish sag?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I’ve upgraded the air side now, pumped up to the usual 93psi. I notice that the sag is now a lot lower with the same initial pressure, I’m seeing about 15% whereas I’m expecting about 25%... is this usual with this upgrade? Is this implying I should run less sag % or lower the pressure to get it down to 25% ish sag?
If it includes the new seal head upgrade, you have to decrease pressure. At least I did it to get same sag and sensitivity.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles