Changed my phone now the levo won't connect to it any ideas?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Hi guys I changed my phone today and i went to connect it to the Levo but it just won't recognise the bike and won't connect at all, it doesn't seem to give me any options to input the number again, any help much appreciated :)

I just tried it with my previous phone and it connected straight away but it just won't pair with my new phone! It's driving me mad :)

Thanks

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
1. Check you phone settings and ensure it is set as visible to other devices ( on some you can set certain devices as "trusted devices" which means no passwords etc.)...Connections
2. You may need to set permissions in your settings for the MC app. …... Apps
3. Make sure Bluetooth on the phone is switched on. Connections/Bluetooth.
Preferably be close to the bike....power the bike on first then start the app......keep away from other strong signals as much as possible ( routers/hubs).

Test you phone's a bility to connect via Bluetooth to other devices.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The number is only put in so that the app differentiates the specific bike to be connected. If you did a software swop from old phone to new the app will already have the number. If you re installed MC from fresh it will not and will prompt for it to be input.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Thanks Mike I have just been out to see if it connects to my car and it does, i have checked the other things you said and they seem fine I can see the bike on the phone but it just won't connect at all!

I just got all my apps etc from my google account I didn't connect the phones to each other but the MC app is on the new phone, these things are so strange.

On the phones blue tooth when I see the bike in the list of devices found and try to pair it the phone says go to the app on your phone and when I do that it just does nothing!

It is so weird my Google Pixel connects straight away but the new Huawei Mate 20 Pro just will not connect!

Last edited:

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
I don't remember the process exactly when changing phones however you must renter the passcode number for the bike with the new phone. It's the six digit number that came with the bike paperwork and is also applied to the underside of the TCU mounted on your top tube. Good luck

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Ok so delete the bike from your bluetooth list. Restart the phone...load MC with the bike switched on and add a bike....when prompted put the BLExxxxxx code for your bike in.

Indigo

Oct 6, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
You wont be able to connect to Levo if it is currently connected to:
  • another device. Turn off Bluetooth on other device.
  • another app. Disconnect or shutdown other app.
  • operating system. In Bluetooth Settings disconnect from Levo. Use MC app to make connection.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Thanks guys I will try that tonight I wonder whether I should delete the MC app from the new phone and then load it on again?

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
What model year? On 2019 and newer you need to reset the bike by pressing the mode button while pressing the ON button and keep it pressed until it turns off again.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
It's a 2019 bike, I just deleted the app and reinstalled it and I turned off the blue tooth on my other phone and it still won't connect to it!

It hasn't asked me for the bike number it does sometimes say the pair code is usually 0000 or 1234 but they don't work either, shall i reset the bike and if i do that what will that do exactly?

it won't lose my settings will it as mine is derestricted so has different wheel size settings

Is it because it's a Huawei phone :)

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
It's a 2019 bike, I just deleted the app and reinstalled it and I turned off the blue tooth on my other phone and it still won't connect to it!

It hasn't asked me for the bike number it does sometimes say the pair code is usually 0000 or 1234 but they don't work either, shall i reset the bike and if i do that what will that do exactly?

it won't lose my settings will it as mine is derestricted so has different wheel size settings

Is it because it's a Huawei phone :)

I had similar issues somewhile ago and even opened a thread about this. In any case the pair code isn’t 0000 or 1234. The unique pair code is mentioned on the back side of the TCU. Just unscrew it and look at the back side.

If that all don’t work, try leaving the power connector loose for a night. As it’s magnetic just put a piece of carton in between. This trick helped at my bike.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you have reinstalled the app on a new phone you are working initially purely with the app. The app requires you to login with email and password...….you should be able to do this since you already have a MC account. It gives you a "forgot password" option if you cannot remember what you used before. The app is then ready to connect to the bike. Go to settings in the app...then mybikes. That will be empty. Use the + symbol at the top to add a bike. When prompted put in the BLExxxxxx code that is on the base of the TCU or still on a sticker on the frame...or maybe the yellow sticker in your user manual. ( Don't know where your 0000 or 1234 comes from..never had to do that on my bike). Once your BLE number has been registered on the app you can select it...at that point it attempts to connect via Bluetooth with the bike...if successful you get confirmation. You are know only by your email and password so what phone you use is not relevant. Clearly if you re install MC whether on an existing or new phone, that version of the App will not know who you are so you have to login.
Having done all of that if the App does not then connect to the bike the most likely reason will be the settings on your phone.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
I kept fiddling around and finally got the prompt for the pin code and I put the number in from the booklet and it connected :)

Thanks so much to everyone here who tried to help me it's much appreciated.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles