Chain ring Line??

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Looking to overhaul my drive line on my now 2 year old Sam 6.9.
Got nearly all the components except the chain ring, looking at buying a Race Face one from Fox Australia as only one I can find but there is a section for chain line in mm's, one is 52mm and the other is 55mm's.
Anyone know what they are measuring or which is the correct one for my bike? Can't really see what a BIG difference 3mm will make but it must be for some reason.
Thanks in advance, cheers Steve

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Thanks fellas, have been looking for one in oz online but can only seem to see a 36 tooth version, all the 34 s seem to be sold out, there are some alloy ones but are 3 times the money of a steel one so need to keep looking or ask where I bought the bike for a genuine Focus one. Have any of you tried a 36 over a 34, guessing there won’t be a huge difference, I’m thinking this way as a last resort.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Thanks fellas, have been looking for one in oz online but can only seem to see a 36 tooth version, all the 34 s seem to be sold out, there are some alloy ones but are 3 times the money of a steel one so need to keep looking or ask where I bought the bike for a genuine Focus one. Have any of you tried a 36 over a 34, guessing there won’t be a huge difference, I’m thinking this way as a last resort.
Am in the UK. Looked for 34T steel Bosch E*Spec DM Chainring (CR4USA-100), seems to be out of stock everywhere. As you say, the alloy version is available but 3 times the price.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles