Caterpillars!

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Anyone else getting attacked by them recently?

Specifically, little green ones abseiling from Oak trees - like these. My local woods are plagued with them at the moment and I’m getting covered in them every time I ride.

Interested to know if anyone else is suffering as I’ve never had problems in the past?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
With my hair, which politely put could be mistaken for a homage to Brian May, the amount of creatures that come out of its nest like curls in a post ride shower never fails to surprise me.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm not being bothered by abseiling caterpillars, but I am being bothered by incontinent deer!

No, the deer are not up in the trees! :LOL: But it seems that they have been wandering onto the trail for their morning ablutions. It has never affected me before, but this morning I had to stop and clear all the crap from both tyres. I thought it might have been dog poo, but it didn't smell bad enough! And there was too much of it to be squirrel poo. Later on in the ride, I had to repeat the tyre cleaning. It never happened on the Forestry Commission trail, only when I went off-piste. I made sure I rode through deep sand before I got back to the car.

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I'm not being bothered by abseiling caterpillars, but I am being bothered by incontinent deer!

No, the deer are not up in the trees! :LOL: But it seems that they have been wandering onto the trail for their morning ablutions. It has never affected me before, but this morning I had to stop and clear all the crap from both tyres. I thought it might have been dog poo, but it didn't smell bad enough! And there was too much of it to be squirrel poo. Later on in the ride, I had to repeat the tyre cleaning. It never happened on the Forestry Commission trail, only when I went off-piste. I made sure I rode through deep sand before I got back to the car.

Obviously a blessing the deer are not in the tree’s, can you imagine!

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
God yeah, the other day I was riding through the woods & thought I had just riden through a spiders web, then another & another & another, by the time I got out of the woods I was covered in them, took me ages to get rid of them Only to find loads more when I got home.

8FDBDF78-0606-41C8-AE26-200CB85D2416.jpeg

88449756-894D-472A-82A4-069723E6CC6E.jpeg

Last edited:

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
God yeah, the other day I was riding through the woods & thought I had just risen through a spiders web, then another & another & another, by the time I got out of the woods I was covered in them, took me ages to get rid of them Only to find loads more when I got home.

View attachment 13383

View attachment 13384

Great to know I’m not going mad after all.

They’re stating to piss me off now...

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
No problems with them, at all . Have had a few encounters with deadly snakes, flesh eating spiders, stray Kangaroos, and about 1000 ear eating eyeball pecking Magpies. As long as I don’t fall into the river where the croc’s live, i’ll be right.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles