Fuel EXe Cascade Link for Trek Fuel EXe

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
If an aftermarket link was available, what could it do?
  • Perhaps a link specialized for mullet configuration, could provide more travel, perhaps raise the BB slightly (though this would also steepen the head angle) and provide confirmed clearance with longer stroke shocks.
  • Maybe they run the numbers and conclude we could have 160mm travel with a 3mm higher BB and 62.5mm stroke shock 🤷‍♀️

If you might have interest in such a thing, please contact Cascade Components and let them know you're interested and what you'd like!

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
Word!

To elaborate here, I’m trying to drum up interest since Cascade is gauging demand to decide if they might make a link for the Fuel EXe.

Personally, I’d love for the link to add travel and correct the geometry for a 27.5” rear wheel, so that both the hi and low mino-link settings could be useable. Maybe the stock “high” bb height (w/27.5”) could become the low

BBFII

Nov 4, 2020
Madison Wisconsin
Word!

To elaborate here, I’m trying to drum up interest since Cascade is gauging demand to decide if they might make a link for the Fuel EXe.

Personally, I’d love for the link to add travel and correct the geometry for a 27.5” rear wheel, so that both the hi and low mino-link settings could be useable. Maybe the stock “high” bb height (w/27.5”) could become the low
curious what the ideal fork would be paired with this? (travel & axle to crown)
what are the "favorite" shocks everyone is running?
Coil VS Air?
:]

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
curious what the ideal fork would be paired with this? (travel & axle to crown)
what are the "favorite" shocks everyone is running?
Coil VS Air?
:]
I can only speak for myself ;)

I'm used to longer travel bikes. I do really like my current set-up (Ohlins TTx1, 62.5mm, Zeb Ultimate 160mm) but I am running ample volume spacers & HSC to avoid blowing through the travel too frequently. I also feel like, with a 27.5" rear wheel and in the high setting, the BB is as low as I would want it.

If an aftermarket linkage only allowed for both h&low settings to be usable with a 27.5" rear wheel that'd be a win for me.

If it also provided more travel (which seems reasonable, since a smaller wheel & higher BB = less chance of collision at bottom out) that'd be awesome.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Good luck. I tried to get them to do a more progressive link for the Rail, but even though they acknowledged it would benefit from one and it was a big selling bike they still haven't done it. ☹️

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
. . . I’m trying to drum up interest since Cascade is gauging demand to decide if they might make a link for the Fuel EXe. . .
not especially encouraging, but at least they responsed quickly to my inquiry yesterday evening

Cascade.jpeg

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
not especially encouraging, but at least they responsed quickly to my inquiry yesterday evening
Right on- Max is who I've been dealing with as well. They're about 1hr from me, so I've offered my bike up for measuring etc.

We'll see- vaporware for now..........

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles