Canyon Spectral:ON 6.0 - Gear/Drivetrain upgrade suggestions....

Noblefart

Jan 26, 2019
Norway
Hi I've got the 2019 model with external battery. I'm immensly happy with the bike apart from the shifting of gears experience (NX/GX). A mate with the same bike experience the same. As for now we both have 4-5 gears in the middle that does not sit properly. Anyone with the same experience? Looking for some advice for costeffective upgrades :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I have the same bike and had the same problem with shifting as you. I also had the same thoughts as you as regards binning the Sram kit.
However, unless you have damaged your derailleur, it really is just a matter of setting everything up properly. I persevered with mine and now everything works perfectly (on both my Sram equipped bikes). If you are struggling to do this yourself, a trip to your LBS will work out a lot cheaper than half a new group-set.

Noblefart

Jan 26, 2019
Norway
I have the same bike and had the same problem with shifting as you. I also had the same thoughts as you as regards binning the Sram kit.
However, unless you have damaged your derailleur, it really is just a matter of setting everything up properly. I persevered with mine and now everything works perfectly (on both my Sram equipped bikes). If you are struggling to do this yourself, a trip to your LBS will work out a lot cheaper than half a new group-set.

Thanks for input! I've more or less come to the same conclusion. Derailleur seems fine, but the cassette was somehow bent in the middle, making shifting difficult... So I will fit a new nx cassette. Frontring misses a tooth and i will go for a slightly bigger ring (n/w) due to "ST unlocker". Hence, new chain as well :)

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I was doing OK with the shimano SLX 11 speed that came on my spectralon, but when the time came for a change of parts due to wear, I found out that a di2 system with 10 speed would cost almost the same.
The convertion is almost plug and play and I am very satisfyed with the electric shifting.

Noblefart

Jan 26, 2019
Norway
I was doing OK with the shimano SLX 11 speed that came on my spectralon, but when the time came for a change of parts due to wear, I found out that a di2 system with 10 speed would cost almost the same.
The convertion is almost plug and play and I am very satisfyed with the electric shifting.

That's interesting! May I ask what unholy amount of earthly goods (including arms) was taken from you...?

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I live in the 3rd world, so prices of goods are not reasonably comparable to others, but it costed nearly 100 on di2 10x deraileur, 70 on the shifter, 30 for the cable. The 10 s cassete and chain costed around 100 for slx.

Max Rower

Nov 21, 2019
Vienna
I live in the 3rd world, so prices of goods are not reasonably comparable to others, but it costed nearly 100 on di2 10x deraileur, 70 on the shifter, 30 for the cable. The 10 s cassete and chain costed around 100 for slx.
The only 10x DI2 deraileur is an old Ultegra, which handles only 32T maximum, is this enough for you?

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
The only 10x DI2 deraileur is an old Ultegra, which handles only 32T maximum, is this enough for you?
Well observed! The deraileur I installed is 11speed 11-40.
It was installed in may and on july I also had to take off the display and replace with an EW100 and since then have been riding without the gear display.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles