Canyon 2021 bikes !!

Jul 4, 2020
Surrey
Got my Canyon Spectral:On7 on Tuesday, first ever e-bike. Went riding on Wednesday. And Thursday. Then Friday. Just got back from Saturday’s ride. I can’t stop riding the thing, it is awesome!!!

They only had the purple left in stock and it doesn’t look a great colour on the website, but happily irl it is a much darker colour and looks great...
374B85E9-09F7-4DC2-AC6F-16A80D80A87B.jpeg
F674F8CA-87C0-4EE7-93BC-36581D052064.jpeg
7CAED382-180A-44FB-AB3F-FC5642FA9A83.jpeg
414919AD-FFBB-49FB-A9F5-BD232C8B1BEC.jpeg

Why didn’t I do this years ago???

Jul 4, 2020
Surrey
Makes me slightly regret going for the black one now! Lovely colour! How are you getting on with range?

It's good, the longest ride so far I have done is 30 miles with quite a lot of elevation, (2500ft according to Kamoot, which is often not that accurate!) up to the Devil's Punchbowl, down to the bottom and back up to the top again included, came back with three bars still showing. 95% of the time in eco, only switching briefly to trail or boost for short, very steep hills.

Am not really working atm and won't be for a while until Covid travel restriction ease, so aiming to go out nearly every day and build up fitness to drain the battery!

Have you got yours yet? If so, how are you getting on with it?

Last edited:

thecremeegg

Feb 9, 2020
Hampshire UK
Oh nice you're local to me, hadn't twigged the sign posts! I'm only 15 mins from the punchbowl but I don't know the trails on it, you'll have to show me round hah! Mine was meant to arrive last week but still in transit with DHL somewhere!

Jul 4, 2020
Surrey
Oh nice you're local to me, hadn't twigged the sign posts! I'm only 15 mins from the punchbowl but I don't know the trails on it, you'll have to show me round hah! Mine was meant to arrive last week but still in transit with DHL somewhere!

fwiw DHL didn't contact me at all, it moved to Frankfurt, the to Greenford, then on Tuesday at 10am the status changed to 'out for delivery', 30 minutes later it arrived, so you might want to keep an eye on the status of it.

And yes, the clue to my whereabouts is in the username ;) Was my first time up at Hindhead as with the analogue bike I wouldn't have made it up the hill alive, made a mistake when I arrived from the Thursley end of Boundless Road and rather than go to Gibbet Hill I couldn't resist a steep downhill which left me stranded at the bottom with a hard slog up to the cafe, so yeah, would be more than happy to show you where not to go! And also the fabulous run down from the cafe to Hankley Common, one of the best tracks I have ridden in years :)

thecremeegg

Feb 9, 2020
Hampshire UK
Yea mine's been at Greenford for 2 days, hoping it'll turn up early next week! I used to bike a lot but haven't for a few years now so my fitness will be way off the mark as well. Would be good to get shown around as I usually go up to Swinley or bike around the ranges here in Bordon/Lindford!

Jul 4, 2020
Surrey
Yea mine's been at Greenford for 2 days, hoping it'll turn up early next week! I used to bike a lot but haven't for a few years now so my fitness will be way off the mark as well. Would be good to get shown around as I usually go up to Swinley or bike around the ranges here in Bordon/Lindford!

Hopefully it will be with you soon, be nice to see some pics once it is here, and for sure would love to meet up and go for a ride. Dunno how your mechanical skills are, mine aren't great but was quite easy to put together, but struggled with the dropper post switch and closing the cover to the charger port.

thecremeegg

Feb 9, 2020
Hampshire UK
Well I built my last bike myself but that was quite a while ago, I'm sure it'll be fine. I just want to get out on the thing, had a great ebike experience at Afan a couple of years ago that has left me wanting one ever since.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles