Can anyone recommend a cruiser/relaxed type of handlebar.

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Recently I was in the market for a more relaxed geometry e-bike, initially, I was going to purchase a Specialized Como 4.0 step-thru frame, love the sweeping handlebars with the upright geometry. I feel my days of bombing down tracks is over with age and limited capabilities these days.

I have a Haibike Adventr 5.0 which is a cross between a mountain bike and a commuter type of hybrid e-bike. since it has flat bar handlebars, I was thinking it would be more financially viable just to buy a new relaxed handlebar that will allow me to sit upright.

I was thinking along the lines of a Jones handlebar or something similar to a BMX style handle bar but it may make the e-bike look a bit weird.

Can anyone recommend a relaxed swept-back handlebar for my Adventr e-bike? Thanks in advance, appreciated.

YouTube video reference of the current e-bike.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Check out Answer Pro Taper 20/20 bars

here they are on an older Vado
g9FPVKK-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Recently I was in the market for a more relaxed geometry e-bike, initially, I was going to purchase a Specialized Como 4.0 step-thru frame, love the sweeping handlebars with the upright geometry. I feel my days of bombing down tracks is over with age and limited capabilities these days.

I have a Haibike Adventr 5.0 which is a cross between a mountain bike and a commuter type of hybrid e-bike. since it has flat bar handlebars, I was thinking it would be more financially viable just to buy a new relaxed handlebar that will allow me to sit upright.

I was thinking along the lines of a Jones handlebar or something similar to a BMX style handle bar but it may make the e-bike look a bit weird.

Can anyone recommend a relaxed swept-back handlebar for my Adventr e-bike? Thanks in advance, appreciated.

YouTube video reference of the current e-bike.
Mary bars are worth a look at if you are not doing anything too serious.

Petrex

Jul 20, 2022
UK
On-One OG V2 Handlebar

Tried the On-One Mary Bars but they were a bit too swept back for me.
The OG V2 are better.
I also have an adjustable stem for an even more relaxed time :)

On my Fiamma Low Loader Mod - You can sort of see the bars ?!

Fiamme-Low-Rider-Mod1.01.BL.JPG

Petrex

Jul 20, 2022
UK
I also came across this website, it gives you a visual representation of the handlebars to which you can overlay to gauge the correct style/looks and fit for your needs.

Strangely that site says Mary has less sweep angle than OG - But I know the OG is less swept back - Angles can be tricky !

Mysterymanuk

Subscriber
Oct 19, 2023
Scotland
Here are the OG V2 on one of my old bikes

View attachment 139764
Thanks for your reply and the image, gives me a good idea on what to expect.

So far I've had my eye(s) on the Ritchey Comp Buzzard Handlebar, with a rise of 70mm flat rise
and back sweep of 27.5. However, I may buy 2 handlebars as I have 2 mountain e-bikes, so may go for the On-One OG V2
also.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles