California "Newbie"....I've been called worse

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
Been riding bikes and motorcycles for a looong time and my brother has been pestering me to try the e-bikes for a couple of years so my wife & I took the leap and with the help of Al B at Orange cycle, we got a couple of 2019 Levos. Our vintage bodies really appreciate the assist on the climbs and we look forward to riding some of our more difficult routes. Really appreciate the forum and the technical content available since I'm a 'Jack' of all trades and 'Master' of NONE! Wayne
IMG_1249.JPG

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
Welcome!
Nice bike parking ?
We aren't too far from you here in North County San Diego.
-----------------
Had to make some bike stands since they are too heavy to hang from the ceiling like my other bikes.
I'm actually in San Luis Obispo County on the Central Coast which has some great road/offroad riding. Grew up in San Diego and lived there for 'decades'.
BTW, you must surf, per your nickname, like the rest of us beach bums in Cali...

Standingwaves

Nov 24, 2018
USA
Ah,
Obispo is up there. Sounds like a great area.
I'm in Carlsbad and yes we surf Terra Mar often.
Some great trails down here as well.
20190216_122902_resized.jpg

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
You're so close to Route S6 / South Grade road to the famous motorcycle street track up to Palomar mountain (pure lunacy to watch on the weekends). It would be tempting to put on some sticky slick tires and do 'supermoto' runs up and down the twisty track. There is also Nate Harrison Road is you want o stay on the dirt...brutal climb when unassisted...5000'-6000' elev.
Leathers optional! Nice single track photo BTW. Are ebikes legal in the Laguna Mountains?

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
Here is a pretty good resource to scout out trails:
Hazard Peak Trail Mountain Bike Trail, Los Osos, California
Got some challenging routes out around Pozo, Lopez Lake (ie: High mountain from Arroyo Grande). Some water crossing issues with all the rain we've had. Also some decents for the young guys like "The Bricks" out by Indian Flats & Red Hill campground.
I'm not sure where ebikes are allowed nowadays.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Webike Wow! That is some garage! :love:
Where do you put all your junk? You know the stuff that only gets used at certain times of the year, that which will come in "one day", that which is too good to throw away...... My garage looks like a junk yard. The one thing that you will never find in my garage is cars! :eek:

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
@Webike Wow! That is some garage! :love:
Where do you put all your junk? You know the stuff that only gets used at certain times of the year, that which will come in "one day", that which is too good to throw away...... My garage looks like a junk yard. The one thing that you will never find in my garage is cars! :eek:
Hi Steve,
Don't be fooled by my trick photography showing the clean side of things. After leaving the building industry and parting ways with table saws, radial arm, lumber racks and assemble table, etc, I purged a lot of stuff and decided to have a cleaner & more orderly garage by stashing the bits in cabinets or racks. Got drawers full of "VINTAGE" bike crap collected over the years but with the new technology it seems more & more unlikely that I'll actually ever use it.
Still enjoy working on bikes and being retired it gives me time to fiddle with things like the bike stands for the Levo's. Really looking forward to expanding our horizons with the new bikes.
Here is the 'flip side' shot and I'm sorry to say...not a motorcycle in sight.

IMG_1255 (1).jpg

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
Quite a few ebikes around SB and as far as I know there have been no problems with access.
Basically 'don't ask & don't tell & don't be a dick' seems to be the best way to avoid any hassle!:)
Levos look like 'normal' bikes which is good!
That's good news Nick and hopefully it remains just so...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Hi Steve,
Don't be fooled by my trick photography showing the clean side of things. After leaving the building industry and parting ways with table saws, radial arm, lumber racks and assemble table, etc, I purged a lot of stuff and decided to have a cleaner & more orderly garage by stashing the bits in cabinets or racks. Got drawers full of "VINTAGE" bike crap collected over the years but with the new technology it seems more & more unlikely that I'll actually ever use it.
Still enjoy working on bikes and being retired it gives me time to fiddle with things like the bike stands for the Levo's. Really looking forward to expanding our horizons with the new bikes.
Here is the 'flip side' shot and I'm sorry to say...not a motorcycle in sight.

View attachment 11451
That is still a very clean and orderly garage. i hang my head in shame because I won't be posting a pic of my garage, no sirree! :giggle:

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
Nice set of Levos @Webike! I'm about 2 hours south in Santa Barbara, but I've ridden up there once a few years ago (great trails!).

Last edited:

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
Nice set of Levos @Webike! I'm about 2 hours south in Santa Barbara, but I've ridden up there once a few years ago (great trails!).
Hi JD. Been looking at your LSS thread and did wonder what part of Calif the mad scientist lived in. I think my wife and I happened to grab some of the last 2019 firmware Levo's so we're able to program with BLEvo when the need arises.
BTW, good work on the LSS and it seems with a bit of tweeking it will provide some options for some of the riders and potentially trickle down to other manufacturers bikes. Wayne

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles