Cable routing for dropper on 2019 Rection Pro 500

johnd12

Dec 30, 2020
Canada
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has some advice on this .
The bike manual says that it is ready for a dropper post, whatever that means.
Is there a cable already there, a channel?

Thank you

John

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
Similar to mine.
Should be a hole in the bottom of the seatpost tube into the motor space and from there into the battery compartment.
I didn't bother - fitted one with a lever under the seat, but I'm sure it's doable.
Check there's a hole. Can be hard to see from topside because of the curve in the tube.

johnd12

Dec 30, 2020
Canada
Thank you for the reply.
I looked for one and I cannot see it, but like you said it is curved.
I tried to poke in there with a small wire but no luck finding the hole.
I wonder if it is worthwhile removing the bottom cover of the motor and checking it that way.

NelsonPk

Nov 24, 2020
Coventry
Mine has a white nylon tube that runs from seat tube and round under the motor, which I fed the dropper post cable through, look down the seat tube to see if your bike has it....

johnd12

Dec 30, 2020
Canada
Mine has a white nylon tube that runs from seat tube and round under the motor, which I fed the dropper post cable through, look down the seat tube to see if your bike has it....

No it does not. I wonder if mine is missing that part. Maybe the shop made a mistake or the factory. It should have something to facilitate the cable routing.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
You may have to remove motor to install the cable. Chose a dropper with external cable.

Dingo78

Jan 5, 2021
Belgium - Antwerp
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has some advice on this .
The bike manual says that it is ready for a dropper post, whatever that means.
Is there a cable already there, a channel?

Thank you

John

I have the exact same bike and have noticed an unused cable that has been there from when i bought it. It might be pre installed for dropper posts installation. It goes into the frame on the right hand side together with cable connecting the motor with the display unit.

IMG_1312.jpg
IMG_1313.jpg
IMG_1314.jpg

johnd12

Dec 30, 2020
Canada
I have the exact same bike and have noticed an unused cable that has been there from when i bought it. It might be pre installed for dropper posts installation. It goes into the frame on the right hand side together with cable connecting the motor with the display unit.

View attachment 49717 View attachment 49718 View attachment 49719
I looked at that first and didn't find an extra cable.I will have another look.
Something isn't right with my bike.
Dropper post ready cannot mean removing the motor to install the cable.

Dingo78

Jan 5, 2021
Belgium - Antwerp
I looked at that first and didn't find an extra cable.I will have another look.
Something isn't right with my bike.
Dropper post ready cannot mean removing the motor to install the cable.
My guess is that the bike shop did not install the cable because they did not see what it was needed for. :(

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
On my 2019 I assumed the hole in the bottom of the seat post tube was what made it "dropper ready".
If they are shipped with a pre run sheath or a conduit, even better but not absolutely necessary, as long as the hole is there.
Maybe the dastardly dealers are removing these aids when assembling the bike so punters opt to have their workshop fit the dropper...

johnd12

Dec 30, 2020
Canada
On my 2019 I assumed the hole in the bottom of the seat post tube was what made it "dropper ready".
If they are shipped with a pre run sheath or a conduit, even better but not absolutely necessary, as long as the hole is there.
Maybe the dastardly dealers are removing these aids when assembling the bike so punters opt to have their workshop fit the dropper...

I asked the shop where I purchased the bike, and indeed a tube should be present there, as somebody else mentioned here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles