Buying a used Battery

Dec 11, 2018
Sheffield,UK
Hello Anyone

I have a mate with a Decoy and a knackered battery . if he buys a second hand battery will it work straight away on his bike ? .

He has heard that it needs to go somewhere to be paired to his motor

It would be appreciated if someone can shed some light on this

many thanks in advance

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I bought a second battery for both my ebikes, a Merida e160 (Shimano) and a Cube stereo hybrid 160 (Bosch smart system) and both were fine and didn't need pairing
The Shimano battery (504wh) i bought new and the Bosch (750wh) i bought second hand
Hope this helps

Dec 11, 2018
Sheffield,UK
I bought a second battery for both my ebikes, a Merida e160 (Shimano) and a Cube stereo hybrid 160 (Bosch smart system) and both were fine and didn't need pairing
The Shimano battery (504wh) i bought new and the Bosch (750wh) i bought second hand
Hope this helps
Thanks for the info , but it's the Decoy I need to know about . Something about the YT using its own software and Battery to power the Shimano motor

Dec 11, 2018
Sheffield,UK
Hey up Pal

how much do you want for it before I tell him
where are you based
if not near Sheffield would you ship

sorry for all the questions thought I would get as much info as poss before I tell him

thanks

Simon

Dec 11, 2018
Sheffield,UK
Hello
I'm sorry to have been messing you around with messages ,I told him and he is supposed to be letting me know .
I keep asking him and he says he is thinking about it.
if you get chance to sell it please do .its the last time I try and do someone a favour
thanks for your time

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles