Buy now or wait?

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
I am keeping my eye on these bikes, looking for the best deal:

- Canyon Spectral ON
- Canyon Strive ON
- Specialized Turbo Levo

Won´t need the bike for another 8 months but noticed today that Canyon has the Spectral ON CF8 at 11% discount. Unsure if I should wait for a better deal as well as for what updates the 2024 bikes bring?

As I only just recently started looking at EMTBs I´m not sure how much discount you normally see towards the end of the year or when they launch the new bikes.

Are any of these bikes due for a bigger update that might happen with the 2024 model?
Like maybe the Turbo Levo will get the new 95nm Brose motor?
Strive ON being a first gen might have some kinks ironed out for 2024, like the issues with battery vibrations.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William

- Canyon Spectral ON
- Canyon Strive ON
- Specialized Turbo Levo

Won´t need the bike for another 8 months but noticed today that Canyon has the Spectral ON CF8 at 11% discount. Unsure if I should wait for a better deal as well as for what updates the 2024 bikes bring?

As I only just recently started looking at EMTBs I´m not sure how much discount you normally see towards the end of the year or when they launch the new bikes.

Are any of these bikes due for a bigger update that might happen with the 2024 model?
Strive ON being a first gen might have some kinks ironed out for 2024, like the issues with battery vibrations.
The new Levos are already out, there was colour changes and small component changes to certain models but that was it. I wouldn’t expect to see a refreshed Levo until late 2025 or so.

Last edited:

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
The new Levos are already out, there was colour changes and small component changes to certain models but that was it. I wouldn’t expect to see a refreshed Levo until late 2025 or so.
Are they? I´ve only been able to find info on the 2024 Levo SL.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
There's no way I'd waste half of the warranty with it just sat there not being ridden.
Buy when you're ready to ride.

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
There's no way I'd waste half of the warranty with it just sat there not being ridden.
Buy when you're ready to ride.
I guess you´re right, especially with the poor reliability of these motors.
Probably needs to be an extremely good offer for me to buy one early.

Hard to keep cool once I decided I was going to get one. Index finger is twitching ;)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
While you are waiting for a better deal, they are selling the bikes. When the perfect deal comes along it may only be available in a size that doesn't fit! Or a spec with a colour that you hate.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
I couldn't have a brand New bike sat there that I couldn't ride for 8 months, would drive me crazy!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I agree, but it's not clear why he's waiting 8 months. If he was away from home on business, then the bike won't be torturing him. If he is waiting for a better deal, I wouldn't bother! Just wait until you need a bike and then get the best deal you can. Bear in mind that he still needs to sell the old one (or does he?)

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK

- Canyon Spectral ON
- Canyon Strive ON
- Specialized Turbo Levo

Wait till the new model comes out then buy last years model cheaper as they tend to be down spec's on newer models but you'll pay the same or a bit more. 😉

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
I agree, but it's not clear why he's waiting 8 months. If he was away from home on business, then the bike won't be torturing him. If he is waiting for a better deal, I wouldn't bother! Just wait until you need a bike and then get the best deal you can. Bear in mind that he still needs to sell the old one (or does he?)
Waiting because of physical therapy.

It would not torture me but rather inspire and motivate me 😀

I have plenty of bikes with no intention of selling any. But I do not have an ebike which I will need to ease into riding again.

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK

I have plenty of bikes with no intention of selling any. But I do not have an ebike which I will need to ease into riding again.
Why spend so much , go for a cheaper bike that does the same

Why buy direct from manufacturer only , will be big issues if there is a warranty issue and if its just being used for the likes of rehab why not go cheaper and local 🤔

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
I wish there were any good options locally. All my bikes have been online orders or built by myself.
I will use it for rehab but plan on being able to keep the bike for shredding later.
If I go with specialized I have a dealer I might trust 155 miles away.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles