Levo Gen 2 Brose motor pause off and on with chain pop

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
MY21 Turbo Levo Comp. LBS installed new Praxis 32T (same OEM) ChainRing at 1,850 miles (75% off-road) but "could not in good conscious" install new cassette probably because I take such good care cleaning my drivetrain. This newest chain (the bike's 4th) will, on occasion, skip a beat (missing a tooth on the cassette) with a fairly loud "pop" noise. A second or so, after the "pop", the motor will "cut-out" very briefly offering no assistance, essentially turning itself off and quickly powering itself back up again (the light on the TCU turns off and back on). Wondering if this might be a newly added motor saving feature because I don't recall it happening very often in the first 1,749 miles. Only time it presents a real danger is when I'm climbing very steep hills when losing power, even for a second or two, can leave you tumbling back down. It happens. I've got the bruises to prove it. My question for @Specialized Rider Care is this a warranty issue?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
After 1800 miles and 4 chains your cassette is most likely worn. The chain slip means that momentarilly there is no torque on the crank....no torque equals no motor assist. I'm thinking your LBS could not in all "conscious" ( SIC) get their hands on a new cassette !! :sneaky:

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
After 1800 miles and 4 chains your cassette is most likely worn. The chain slip means that momentarilly there is no torque on the crank....no torque equals no motor assist. I'm thinking your LBS could not in all "conscious" ( SIC) get their hands on a new cassette !! :sneaky:
Appreciate the reply. Make no mistake, these days I order online and bring my own parts everytime I go to the shop for anything. They were all too happy to install the new Praxis 32T (OEM) front ChainRing. I'll keep my new cassette/sprocket in my go bag and try again next time. You answered my question with "no torque equals no motor assist". Just strange it had not happened before. Then again, I'm riding more technical features than ever before. Goodness gracious I love this bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles