Breaking my Vitus eSommet for parts

Old Mike

Sep 3, 2019
Consett, County Durham
He' right £1000 is a lot of money to many people.

But he seems to have forgotten whinging on and on about the cost of everything reduces your attractiveness to women unmeasurably.

The secret is to not whinge about the cost of things to women.

Although when I did have loads of money back in the day it seemed to be very attractive to women.

And what does that say about women?

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
You could put it that way. I live in Scotland and cycle all season and all-weather. If an ebike is incapable of functioning as a result of water spray from the front wheel then yes they are not for me.

I've had my emtb for something like 4 years now.
You can ride them in the wet but they do have extra service items and require a little bit more maintenance than a normal pedal bicycle.
They do however require less maintenance than a motocross/ enduro bike.
I've got a Bosch CX and have replaced the main motor bearing (£30) about 3 times now and I recently changed a one way bearing.
Despite what clueless bike shops might say , buying a new motor every time it breaks is not the only option.

Give these people a call, they have useful videos on YouTube or just send your motor to them.
They may be able to fix your motor for a lot less than £1000.
They are my go to motor part supplier and are happy to talk on the phone. Removing and posting your motor is very easy.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles