Levo Gen 2 Brake upgrade for turbo levo 2020?

Manxbiker

Jul 20, 2020
Isle of man
Finally got the MT7 and rotors fitted yesterday, looking forward to trying them this weekend, really bad snow here at the moment though so might not get chance :confused:

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Finally got the MT7 and rotors fitted yesterday, looking forward to trying them this weekend, really bad snow here at the moment though so might not get chance :confused:
Be sure to bed those babies in properly! If you have the green pads, the bed in pretty quick. The grey Performance pads take a few ride along qith pre-1st ride bedding process, but well worth it!

Screenshot_20210124-125648_Drive.jpg

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Be sure to bed those babies in properly! If you have the green pads, the bed in pretty quick. The grey Performance pads take a few ride along qith pre-1st ride bedding process, but well worth it!
Agreed! Also, in my experience, Magura Performance pads require the 20 reps recommended in the Magura video to bed completely. No big deal cuz that takes less than 5 minutes, but don't be tempted to cut it short.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
So, really tired of my standard brakes on my base 19 Levo I ordered the Magura MT7 brakes today. I was considering ordering a better model, ie Comp Carbon but the latest price increased have made it a really bad deal so I am now upgrading this bike instead. New wheels as well, I have dented the Roval wheels so much I have to force tubeless gunk between rim and tire for it to keep air in.

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
So, really tired of my standard brakes on my base 19 Levo I ordered the Magura MT7 brakes today. I was considering ordering a better model, ie Comp Carbon but the latest price increased have made it a really bad deal so I am now upgrading this bike instead. New wheels as well, I have dented the Roval wheels so much I have to force tubeless gunk between rim and tire for it to keep air in.
It's cheaper and more satisfying to upgrade what you have. You can make it unique to how you want it. OEM bikes will not give you the same satisfaction. If you're fitting the MT7s yourself, get a barb or drop the motor to feed line through frame... I just fitted the MT7s and it wasn't smooth sailing

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Im also planning to go to MT7 Pro on my 2020 Sworks Levo. What adapters are needed to move from 200mm to 230mm rotors? Thanks
You sure 230 and not 220? The mt7 pro on 203 MDRP and race pads stop my 17st fat ass pretty hard .

Assuming your forks are 180 standard then a 180 to 220 post to post adapter is what you'll need.

The rear will need the same .

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Im also planning to go to MT7 Pro on my 2020 Sworks Levo. What adapters are needed to move from 200mm to 230mm rotors? Thanks
I have Magura MT7's with P8 pad on my 2021 Specialized Levo S-Works with the Loic levers and am very happy with this set-up. Have a Shigura set-up on my Decoy (MT7 calipers and Shimano Saint levers) and can honestly say it's the best brakes I have ever used. Modulation is incredible and like the feel of the Saint levers. If you are doing lots of dh and bike parks, its worth spending a little more $ and going Shigura. Tried various aftermarket pads and keep going bsck to the Magura P8 pads. Very critical to bed them in properly.

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I have Magura MT7's with P8 pad on my 2021 Specialized Levo S-Works with the Loic levers and am very happy with this set-up. Have a Shigura set-up on my Decoy (MT7 calipers and Shimano Saint levers) and can honestly say it's the best brakes I have ever used. Modulation is incredible and like the feel of the Saint levers. If you are doing lots of dh and bike parks, its worth spending a little more $ and going Shigura. Tried various aftermarket pads and keep going bsck to the Magura P8 pads. Very critical to bed them in properly.
Do you mean 8.p pads from Magura? If so, they came stock and couldn't get any when I needed to replace them and ended up with 8.R. 8.p are incredibly ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles