Brake Replacement Newb Question

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
So Im new to swapping and bleeding brakes - just never really did this stuff in the past because I haven't had a need to.

Question - I currently have a 2019 Levo FSR - Level T Brakes that Im not a fan of. Im getting ready to swap them to Code RSC Brakes.

Since the Hydraulic Cables are already routed, is it ok to disconnect and reuse those hoses without removing and just swapping the levers and the calipers? I assume connect points will be roughly the same, so Im not expecting Id be short anywhere. I know Id have have to slap some fluid and bleed...but it would save time on routing cables.

Let me know - life saver if I can reuse. Im too lazy run the new housing if needed and would just send it to a shop.

Last edited:

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Of course you can reuse the hoses. Same brand, same DOT fluid. Although, you may need some extra stealthamajigs. I was able to shorten the cables on my code r bakes without needing to bleed.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Of course you can reuse the hoses. Same brand, same DOT fluid. Although, you may need some extra stealthamajigs. I was able to shorten the cables on my code r bakes without needing to bleed.

I figured. Seemed like it made the most sense, but you never know these days. I just want to make sure I have everything I need to do the swap.

While at it, I decided to buy XO1 Shifter and Derailleur. All I kept at this point were wheels, frame, and motor. Ha

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Thanks for the answers folks...I ended up having to get a brake line kit for the rear. Couldn't find fittings that matched the Code RSC's, so I got a new line to route it through. Wasn't as easy of a swap as I thought it could be...but eh, brakes are way better.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles