Brake Disc Rotor (back) RT EM810/910- non available, what now?

Ballameiro

Oct 6, 2020
Orange County
Hello Community,
I am not able to source/locate a disc brake rotor for Shimano Steps in 203mm, i.e. the back wheel version with Magnet. They seem to be sold out, at least in the US.
Any ideas for workarounds - buy the front wheel version and put/glue a magnet on there? Are there any Non OEM alternatives?

Any help appreciated,
regards,
mb

eMullet

Mar 28, 2021
Planet Earth
Magura makes disk brakes with magnet, they are 6-bolt but one could use and adapter? Also and option would be to glue a magnet onto the rotor or use separate disk magnets for 6-bolt, people have had success with this method.

Aikone

May 28, 2021
UK
Weird, what pads, calipers & rotor sizes are you running? The 180mm EM600’s on my Allant+ 9.9 feel better than the XTR’s on my acoustic MTB!!

Ballameiro

Oct 6, 2020
Orange County
Shimano SLX brakes (4pistons), Galfer Ebike pads and the XTR discs. Pads and Discs only bc the Shimano pads and XT rotors eith magnet were unavailable 6 months ago. I am happy now with what I use. 203mm front and back, I m heavy 270lbs.

Aikone

May 28, 2021
UK
An all round better set up than me on my MT520 4 pots, I’m only 160lbs which is probably why my budget setup is working ok for me, I should probably give my acoustic bike a once over though as XTR should feel better than it does!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles