Brake calliper post question

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I tried to fit my new Hope brakes today with mixed success, the rotors went on with no issues and the rear calliper fits too, the front calliper on the other hand needs a new post, I have looked at Hopes website but it’s raised more questions than answers and a lot of head scratching 🤨I’ve cobbled a bunch of washers together to get an idea of what I need but I need some help with the correct post, I’ve discovered that I need a post of 20mm to avoid contact of the calliper and the rotor, I have a 2021 Lyrik and 203 mm rotor on my 2020 e150rs, as usual I am appreciative of any help please, here’s a couple of pictures

83B0A2BD-C6E3-4BF8-AA47-28174219195F.jpeg 022830E8-834E-4463-A853-F638DADAEFEF.jpeg

Last edited:

Paul C

Dec 28, 2020
west susssex
What Hopes did you chose ? And how did test of fitting go running hoses etc. I have SRAM brakes hope roters ATM and not impressed tbh

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I chose Tech4 V4, it was an absolute doddle threading the hose through the frame, took all of a minute using a Sram barb tool, just used the old hose to pull the new hose through, I bought a new grommet for my frame as the old one had two holes and I only needed one, that was a lot more difficult to push into the frame 👍😎

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Dont hope brakes have to have special hope adapters because hope?
I bought a Hope post mount for the front of my bike but only because I fitted bigger rotors, if I didn't fit bigger rotors, the front calliper would have fitted straight onto my old sram post mount, I know this because I tried it with the smaller rotor first, just out of curiosity, the back calliper just fitted onto my old Sram post mounts, I Hope this helps :sneaky:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles