Bought my first E-bike! SCOTT Ransom 910 eRIDE

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Very nice, it looks to be specced quite well. Higher level components where I'd personally want them. Wouldn't mind trying a Bosch system out.
What did that cost you? Would consider one for my next bike.

colstroid

Nov 23, 2022
South Wales
Very nice, it looks to be specced quite well. Higher level components where I'd personally want them. Wouldn't mind trying a Bosch system out.
What did that cost you? Would consider one for my next bike.
The retail is around £6800 but
I found an ex demo with 50 tarmac miles on it for £5500. It was a no brainer. Got full warranty as well. Needed something burly, long travel and good looking with performance elite level bouncy bits. It's good at everything I send it off. Hell of a bike

colstroid

Nov 23, 2022
South Wales
Welcome 🤙
I'm not a Ransom owner, but I have a Spark & a Genius.
Great bikes.
Cheers dude! Ive not owned a scott before so wondering if they have any little quirks? I'm noticing a bit of a rattle when decending at the moment. Some online posts say the bosch motor rattles a bit.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Two of the quickest guys in our group have Ransoms, one has fitted boxers after he broke his Zeb. The bikes seem to perform very well and the riders are happy with them

MountainBoy

Mar 4, 2022
Washington State, USA
Cheers dude! Ive not owned a scott before so wondering if they have any little quirks? I'm noticing a bit of a rattle when decending at the moment. Some online posts say the bosch motor rattles a bit.

Congrats! I have a Scott Strike - love it. I'm sensitive to rattles and squeaks but I haven't heard any other than the normal chain/derailleur stuff. Will it rattle on normal rocky paths or only when it takes a bigger hit?

Ymersmoelf

Oct 19, 2019
Denmark
Congrats. Tested the Ransom for a weekend. Absolutely love it. Its a rocketship on all trails from blue to black. Surprisingly more supportive and playfull than i feared. Needs to be manhandled but i like that. its FAST!!! The loam wolf review is spot on. Trying to sell my Levo 2020 to swap but everybody seems to be hit by the “russian blues” :(

colstroid

Nov 23, 2022
South Wales
Congrats. Tested the Ransom for a weekend. Absolutely love it. Its a rocketship on all trails from blue to black. Surprisingly more supportive and playfull than i feared. Needs to be manhandled but i like that. its FAST!!! The loam wolf review is spot on. Trying to sell my Levo 2020 to swap but everybody seems to be hit by the “russian blues” :(
Couldn't agree more with everything you said. It such a capable bike. Good luck with selling your bike and hopefully you'll be posting a ransom pic very soon! 😃

colstroid

Nov 23, 2022
South Wales
Congrats! I have a Scott Strike - love it. I'm sensitive to rattles and squeaks but I haven't heard any other than the normal chain/derailleur stuff. Will it rattle on normal rocky paths or only when it takes a bigger hit?
Cheers! Normally at speed on rough descents. It's a chattering sound. I've searched the Web and found a couple of posts on here about the bosch motor rattling. Something to do with the space between the cogs in the motor. It's not a fault just a side effect. I'm still not sure it's the motor. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be stripping and soundproofing everything. So if I ever get to the bottom of it I'll post it here.

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Nice! Any pics? 📸

Screenshot_20221128-070817_Gallery.jpg

Chairman

Feb 25, 2022
Nz
Yeah they replaced his Zeb under warranty but he loves the way it works with the boxers so much he's leaving them on and his poor DH bike is now forkless. He's had them on for months now

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Scott Genius 920 here. Also my first Scott, and i've had most makes over the decades (noon Ebikes) Certainly no complaints as yet and they're nice looking bikes to boot.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles