Bosch PowerMore Can Length?

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
I am willing to buy a new shock Fox Float X for my eBike, but as in the future I may buy Bosch PowerMore, first I want to check that both will fit in my bike, because Float X has a piggyback reservoir that my current Rock Shox does not have.

So I got the Float X dimensions from a Fox Engineering Drawing, but Bosch does not provide Engineering Drawings for PowerMore, so I looked for specifications and in some places (Ebike24) the lenght is specified as 218mm, but in many other places it is specified as 200mm. It could be that 218mm length already includes the cable plug and the 200mm is PowerMore body only without plug. Does anybody know for sure the real length of PowerMore Can ?

Using the Powermore lengh of 200mm + 18mm cable plug, I printed it, glued to a plywood sheet, cut with my electric jigsaw and checked the fit in the bike, and they fit but the spacing is only 5mm, so in case that the real dimension is 218mm + cable plug, then it won't fit, so I want to make sure before buying.

Below you can see my experiments...

PowerMore-Float-X.jpg PowerMore-Float-X-Bike.jpg

Last edited:

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
I forgot that Shock eyelets are rotated 180ª, so when placing the shock upside down, the piggyback reservoir is rotated to the right, I tested the fit and the interference is similar, but I do not like it. This time I did not feel like making sawdust, so I used Photoshop.

So I still have my question: Does anybody know for sure the real length of PowerMore Can ?

Bike Float X Rotated.jpg

Last edited:

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
A few days ago I checked Bosch web page, and I belive that dimension there was 218mm, I checked today again and dimensionis now 200mm.

With this PowewrMore length of 200mm, Float X mounted upwards should fit with a margin of around 7mm, so no issue for me.

Anyway, it would be good if anybody has already purchased it and can confirm it.

PowerMore Dimensions EN.jpg PowerMore 200mm-Float-X-Bike.jpg

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
In the Original position Unless im reading this wrong the piggy bag does not get closer to the battery so that clearance isn't an issue (y)
Unless your mock up battery is wrong .

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
In the Original position Unless im reading this wrong the piggy bag does not get closer to the battery so that clearance isn't an issue (y)
Unless your mock up battery is wrong .
You are reading it right and the battery mock up has a body length of 200mm, which is the dimension specified by Bosch.

I removed the air from the current shock and bottomed it out, and the shock does not get any closer to the PowerMore.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles