Bosch gen4 chip

Griffo85

May 7, 2021
Uk
Hi, im new and also new to emtb.
Ive got an entry emtb, cube reaction hybrid pro 500 with bosch gen 4 2021 motor.
Ive done some reading about chipping it but havent come to a solid answer on what the limits are of having it in de restricted mode.
I understand that it knows ive chipped it if i go so fast for so long but how long and how fast?
I wont be using it all the time but there area few times id like it slightly faster or at least not to feel like its fighting me.
My journey to work is about 3m and when i go out for fun I rarely do more than 10/15miles.
I just wondered if anyone had chipped a gen 4 and what experiences people are having.
i get that if i tried to a long distance flat out it would know but for the odd blip how much time do u get before it knows.
cheers
Stu

LexC

Nov 28, 2020
Cape Town
The best option for the Bosch Gen 4 is Volspeed v3.

No waiting time before you shut off the bike etc etc, it’s been the most reliable solution for this platform and still works on the latest firmware update (1.1.5.0)

Every time you turn on your bike it’s off by default, you simply hold the “- “ button on your purion for like 4 seconds and then you’re derestricted. Hold it down for 4 seconds and you’re restricted again, plain and simple.

bluewater87

Jul 12, 2020
Canada
Volspeed recommends setting max assistance speed to 35kph to minimize chances of 504 error. Says it right on their website.

not sure about the speedbox.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles