Bosch gen4 2021 85nm upgrade?

Errol1098

Jul 8, 2018
Sydney Australia
£40 for 5 mins relates to £480 an hour. I don’t think Ferrari of McLaren charge that. ?
To be fair though, what do you charge for 5 minutes work, you still have to take the tech off another job use the lap top book the guy in and make up a receipt etc? My shop said if I wanted it done with a service or some other work it was free but to just do the update it was AU $45, I just paid it and was happy, not that I notice any difference at all to be honest. Shops got to make money so he is there when I really need him, I don't begrudge him that!

Worthy

Aug 25, 2020
Caerphilly
To be fair though, what do you charge for 5 minutes work, you still have to take the tech off another job use the lap top book the guy in and make up a receipt etc? My shop said if I wanted it done with a service or some other work it was free but to just do the update it was AU $45, I just paid it and was happy, not that I notice any difference at all to be honest. Shops got to make money so he is there when I really need him, I don't begrudge him that!

yeah, I have no problem paying the money my point was that I really struggled to get anyone to do it. As everyone is so busy. Most shops not taking bookings at all.

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
yeah, I have no problem paying the money my point was that I really struggled to get anyone to do it. As everyone is so busy. Most shops not taking bookings at all.
I don’t begrudge pay for a service from my LBS either.(my software upgrade on my Focus was free?)But if the jobs booked in you wouldn’t have to take the tech off another job?. If it only takes 5 mins. It’s still £480 an hour whichever way you look at it. No doubt Bosch will be subsiding the upgrades,?. Also £40 relates to 70 AUS dollars so the 45 AUS dollars you paid was a steal.

lenscape

Sep 11, 2020
Calgary
I got the 503 error at the time of purchase, so they updated the SW to 1.1.2.0 and HW version 0.0.6.0. Love the emtb mode.

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
Just got mine updated. To be honest, the difference is subtle. I’ve only done 1 ride at the same trail, I don’t notice any difference in battery usage.

one issue I have is the software on the kiox shows 1.1.2.0. But on my ebike connect still 1.0.2.0. For some reason it doesn’t transmit all the new info onto the app.

da21

Sep 25, 2021
London
Is the 75 —> 85 nm upgrade a special software upgrade or does it automatically come with the upgrade to the latest firmware? I had mine done around may/june 2021, I think to 1.1.0.0, so I am not sure if I have the 85nm upgrade or not, or even if the bike already came with it (bought in may 2021). I have gone to the shop today but they are too busy to even check if I do have it.

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
If your firmware is 1.1.0.0 or later and has EMTB mode it should be 85Nm.

You can check the firmware of all the components by (with the bike powered off) holding down the plus and minus buttons on the controller and then pressing the power button. It will scroll through the various components. This works with Purion, not sure about Kiox.

da21

Sep 25, 2021
London
If your firmware is 1.1.0.0 or later and has EMTB mode it should be 85Nm.

You can check the firmware of all the components by (with the bike powered off) holding down the plus and minus buttons on the controller and then pressing the power button. It will scroll through the various components. This works with Purion, not sure about Kiox.
I do not have EMBT mode, only eco/tour/sport/turbo. I assumed it was because it is not a mountain bike?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles